FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   12% cashback using the ebates.ca portal for a bunch of retailers including amazon.ca (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1945833-12-cashback-using-ebates-ca-portal-bunch-retailers-including-amazon-ca.html)

CanRulez Dec 13, 2018 11:34 am

12% cashback using the ebates.ca portal for a bunch of retailers including amazon.ca

12% cashback using the ebates.ca portal for a bunch of retailers including amazon.ca

All categories. This is unheard of!

10 hours left.

Go, go, go!

SteadyAT Dec 13, 2018 11:45 am

Indeed ebates is great and 12% cashback is WOW! You know the TV commercials where they have people saying how much they've made in cashback? It prompted me to look...since joining in 09/2012, I've earned almost $600 in cashback! And I often forget to use ebates! Clearly I'm doing too much online shopping! Too bad Air Canada doesn't offer ebates!

CanRulez Dec 13, 2018 11:50 am

Originally Posted by SteadyAT (Post 30531826)
Indeed ebates is great and 12% cashback is WOW! You know the TV commercials where they have people saying how much they've made in cashback? It prompted me to look...since joining in 09/2012, I've earned almost $600 in cashback! And I often forget to use ebates! Clearly I'm doing too much online shopping! Too bad Air Canada doesn't offer ebates!

Oh wow! That's a lot of shopping indeed.

SteadyAT Dec 13, 2018 11:57 am

Originally Posted by CanRulez (Post 30531849)
Oh wow! That's a lot of shopping indeed.

Actually, a lot of the cashback is attributed to hotel bookings (one-offs where I can't collect loyalty points) through Expedia or hotels.com. I'm not that bad of a shopaholic!

jc94 Dec 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez (Post 30531780)

10 hours left.

Go, go, go!

And I spent $$$ a couple of weeks ago :(. Figures. Had to have everything done before I fly out for Xmas. And yes everything is wrapped in a suitcase. It’s been fine before... I put a piece of paper with everything (that people won’t steal) listed. ie: book - listed, smart watch - left off.

WaytoomuchEurope Dec 14, 2018 6:26 am

Originally Posted by CanRulez (Post 30531780)

10 hours left.

Go, go, go!

Want to thank you for this heads up.

Had never used ebates before but knew my wife and I were about to process a large order on Amazon and saw your post so I checked it out.

We have 6 kids and do all the major Christmas purchases through Prime so you can imagine the cashback earned yesterday was not a minute amount and was well worth the 3 extra minutes it took.

Thanks again.

CanRulez Dec 14, 2018 6:45 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30534523)
Want to thank you for this heads up.

Had never used ebates before but knew my wife and I were about to process a large order on Amazon and saw your post so I checked it out.

We have 6 kids and do all the major Christmas purchases through Prime so you can imagine the cashback earned yesterday was not a minute amount and was well worth the 3 extra minutes it took.

Thanks again.

Awesome! Glad you were able to take advantage. Yesterday’s flash sale was definitely unique and worthwhile.

The one I normally use for Amazon.ca is greatcanadianrebates.ca (GCR) since the categories I usually buy from give you 1.3% on GCR whereas on ebates I would only get 1.0%.

Moral of this: always check both sites first.

Note: there are other popular stores too. Just watch your wallet ;)