FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Coca Cola Company - Offers and Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1861178-coca-cola-company-offers-rewards.html)

Counsellor May 10, 2019 11:46 am

Hi. Good to hear from you again.

I had that problem with a Coke promotion about a year ago. I called them (don't remember the number) and the CSR that answered had me read the codes to her, and she manually credited them to the promotion. I think some of the codes are from specially marked packages and expected to be used for that promotion (although they're not specifically stated to be for that promotion), and so when the promotion expires their machine thinks the codes are expired as well.

Good luck. Which promotion are you doing, if I may ask? Something for the kids?

Mauibaby2008 May 10, 2019 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 31087572)

I had that problem with a Coke promotion about a year ago. I called them (don't remember the number) and the CSR that answered had me read the codes to her, and she manually credited them to the promotion. I think some of the codes are from specially marked packages and expected to be used for that promotion (although they're not specifically stated to be for that promotion), and so when the promotion expires their machine thinks the codes are expired as well.

currently there is , enter 20 codes get lg soda lg popcorn and movie ticket for AMC !

Caribgrl May 13, 2019 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 31079357)

The promotion has now ended, and the gift codes are in your coke account for redemption.

Yep. Got it. Thanks

mgmsteven May 20, 2019 8:10 pm

If anyone else is donating to schools, points are now doubled through May 28.

kipper May 20, 2019 8:51 pm

I haven't saved caps in ages. I don't see the point now.

Counsellor May 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 31121901)
I haven't saved caps in ages. I don't see the point now.

But if you have some sitting around (or squirreled away and not redeemed), now might be a good time. Better than just letting them go to waste.

kipper May 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 31121946)
But if you have some sitting around (or squirreled away and not redeemed), now might be a good time. Better than just letting them go to waste.

I occasionally get a few, but I don't have any tucked away. I threw out all of those ages ago!

sggolf May 21, 2019 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 31087572)

I tried doing the promos where you enter codes to get a Amazon GC, etc. It seems that most of my codes are showing expired because if I try to enter say 20 for the AMC ticket promo, I'll only have 1 or 2 that pass out of say 5.

I didn't know if I should toss the code because I didn't know how to get it credited. It was so frustrating that I stopped trying to get promos because of so many expired messages.

Counsellor May 21, 2019 6:18 pm

Well, I don't do many anymore, most don't seem to be worth the time, particularly the sweepstakes ones. However, offers like a $3 Walmart gift card for six codes do attract me. So far in the last year I have only had one code rejected as expired, and I didn't bother pursuing that one, just entered a different code and tossed the rejected code out.

Vitaforce May 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Do Coke rewards codes have a rule of thumb value per code like airline miles? For example, I can either redeem 900 AA miles or 12 Coke product codes for a subscription to a certain magazine. Is it more financially savvy to redeem Coke product codes or airline miles for magazine subscriptions?

Steve in Olympia May 25, 2019 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Vitaforce (Post 31138537)
Do Coke rewards codes have a rule of thumb value per code like airline miles? For example, I can either redeem 900 AA miles or 12 Coke product codes for a subscription to a certain magazine. Is it more financially savvy to redeem Coke product codes or airline miles for magazine subscriptions?

It depends on your alternate uses for the airline miles or coke codes. But, generally speaking, airline miles have far more uses than coke codes. But maybe you have an excess amount of one or the other. Only you can decide.

Counsellor May 26, 2019 12:41 am

Twelve Coke Rewards codes for the magazine subscription can come from bottle caps or from cases of Coke. In that case, it's much easier to get 12 bottles than 900 AA miles.

The Coke folks sometimes value the points at different rates depending on the size of product they come from. For instance, for gifts to charities see https://us.coca-cola.com/give/code-value/ . Generally, though, one code is as good as another. In that case, since bottle cap codes are so easy to come by, I'd use the codes.

arollins May 30, 2019 1:55 pm

12 coke codes can be from single bottles, sometimes the litter bottles go on sale for <$1.00, or the 16oz bottles are usually about $1.50 or so, lets just say that ultimately, it cost you $18 to get 12 codes, I highly doubt that you can find an AA trip that will yield you 900 miles for <$18.00

Counsellor May 30, 2019 2:47 pm

And frankly, you can find Coke caps thrown away on the street or in trash or at a recycling point; when's the last time you found AA miles that way?

Caribgrl Jul 5, 2019 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 31121946)

I have done the same for the Pepsi codes as well before they ended theirs. But one of the last things I got for my Pepsi points was a floating thermal cooler. While we don't have a pool my neighbor who saw it set up and does have a pool offered me $50 for it.