FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   The annual tax software discount thread (2017-) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1813809-annual-tax-software-discount-thread-2017-a.html)

Boraxo Jan 8, 2017 2:19 pm

The annual tax software discount thread (2017-)

The old thread dates back to 2007 so I thought it was time for a refresh.

Jan 8 prices at various retailers as follows (will update) - same prices as last year:

TurboTax Deluxe (fed+state efile):
$39.86 @ Costco and Amazon (mac or PC, download or DVD)

TurboTax Premier (fed+state efile):
$54.86 @ Costco and Amazon (mac or PC, download or DVD)

According to Intuit email, these prices are good through Jan 14 also at b&m retailers including Target, WalMart, BestBuy, etc.

Have not seen any mileage offers yet.

tonei Jan 8, 2017 4:58 pm

If your household income is under $62,000 you can use H&R Block Premium for free at myfreetaxes.com.

ktremor Jan 10, 2017 8:03 am

If use code 18450 at staples.com it will take $10 off all Turbotax software purchases.

Boraxo Jan 11, 2017 1:46 pm

I saw a Southwest link to 1000 RR points for using TT. Valuing at 1.4 cents that is roughly $14 (equivalent to the current cash discounts) and unfortunately also requires using the TT online product. I prefer to have the software and the returns on my computer so this is a no go for me.

gobluetwo Feb 1, 2017 2:26 pm

Sites like Ebates have cashback for purchasing through their sites. Looks like H&R Block is 10%; TurboTax and TaxAct 7.5%. Also cash back on electronics stores and office stores that sell tax software.

Looks like you get the same discounts as you would through RetailMeNot and other coupon sites.

Boraxo Dec 26, 2018 1:25 pm

I see Costco is already offering 2019 TurboTax products for $10 off. I am sure there are more discounts to come but in case anyone is in a rush :)

cblaisd Dec 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Any way to buy that from Costco without a membership? :)

Boraxo Jan 21, 2020 11:21 am

2020 update:

TurboTax Deluxe:
$29.99 @ Amazon or Costco.com (mac or PC download)
$30 via Fidelity link (online)

TurboTax Deluxe (fed+state)
$39.99 @ Amazon or Costco.com

TurboTax Premier (fed+state):
$54.99 @Costco.com (mac or PC download)
$55 @ Fidelity (mac or PC online)

Boraxo Jan 24, 2021 11:33 pm

2021 update:

TurboTax Deluxe:
$29.99 @ Amazon or Costco.com (mac or PC download)
$30 via Fidelity link (online only)

$39.99 @ Amazon or Costco.com (mac or PC download)
$49.99 @ Staples or BestBuy

Of course if you have a very simple return there are plenty of free federal programs (including at the IRS website). But if you have any kind of itemized deductions or non-wage income fergetaboutit.

Counsellor Feb 3, 2021 8:48 am

Any deals on H&R Block tax software?

sggolf Feb 7, 2021 4:38 am

Just saw this one on Slickdeals

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe+State 2020 - Windows, Mac $22.49
Also:
H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2020 - Windows [Digital] - $22.49
H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2020 - Mac [Digital] $22.49

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/hr-block-sale

Also available on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L993...f=aa_pcomp

Store: Best Buy

sggolf Feb 8, 2021 2:16 am

Here's another one from Slickdeals:

Circuit City has select H&R Block 2020 Tax Software (PC/Mac Activation Card) on sale from $16.99 listed below. Shipping is free.

Thanks to community member jctim for finding this deal

Note, the PC/Mac activation code will arrive on a card by mail

Available Option(s)About the Product
  • Deluxe offers:
    • H&R Block will help you report income on everything from investments to stock options.
    • Optimize your mortgage interest, real estate and charitable deductions.
    • H&R Block will double-check your work for any issues and assess your audit risk.
  • Premium offers:
    • H&R Block Premium Tax software makes it easy for self-employed individuals with complex tax situations to file returns online with expert guidance every step of the way.
    • Optimize your self-employment and rental property deductions.
  • Premium + Business offers:
    • Optimize your self-employment and rental property deductions.
    • Offers guidance, preparation and filing for all corporate tax classifications. It also handles estate and trust, and non-profit returns.
    • Block Tax helps you limit your tax liability by maximizing your vehicle deductions, depreciation and business expenses.

Deal Editor's Notes & Price Research:
  • H&R Block Tax Software offers everything homeowners/investors need to easily file their federal/state taxes (etc.) w/ expert guidance every step of the way
  • This offer is available for those that missed out on this earlier FP deal
  • Must login to your account to purchase/checkout
  • Offer valid while promotion last

sggolf Mar 5, 2021 4:55 pm

Here's another deal from Slickdeals:
H&R BLOCK Tax Software Deluxe & State 2020 Windows + $15 Uber Eats Gift Card | $24.99
  • (with Promo Code = SAVHRBDD3)
​Includes $15 Uber Eats Gift Card with Purchase
  • Step-by-step Q&A and guidance on all available credits and deduction
  • Quickly import your W-2,1099,1098, and last year's personal tax return, even from other Tax and Quicken Software
  • Easily import from other Tax and Quicken Software
  • Itemize deductions with Schedule A
  • Accuracy Review checks for issues and assesses your audit risk
  • Five free federal e-files and unlimited federal preparation and printing
  • Reporting assistance on income from investment, stock options, home sales, and retirement
  • Guidance on maximizing mortgage interest and real estate tax deduction (Schedule A)
  • H&R Block DeductionPro values and optimizes charitable donations (Schedule A)

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1683...6832732135

Store: Newegg

Boraxo Feb 18, 2022 2:24 pm

2022 update:

As was the case last year, you can save a few more $$ if you don't need to file a state return and are willing to upload all your data to the cloud. Personally I pay extra for the download as I prefer to keep my tax software and data on my laptop. Of course the return still gets uploaded to the IRS.

Note that many Chase cards (e.g. CSP) have an opt-in rebate offer for $10 cash back on Intuit purchases. I am hoping this applies to the e-file fees and not just the software.

TurboTax Deluxe (no state):
$29 with Fidelity customer discount (see link) - online only (no download)
$34 with Chase customer discount (see link) - online only (no download)

Chase offer (scroll down)

Fidelity offer

$49.99 @ Amazon or Costco.com (mac or PC download)

TurboTax Premier
$54 with Fidelity discount (online and does not include state)
$59 with Chase discount (online and does not include state)
$69.99 @ Amazon or Costco.com (mac or PC download)

As previously noted, if you have a very simple return there are plenty of free federal programs (including at the IRS website). But if you have any kind of itemized deductions or non-wage income fergetaboutit.[/QUOTE]