Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards vs e-miles vs Opinion Miles Club vs MyPoints

Old Jul 21, 15, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GL*G (0.65 BIS MM), AA EXP, Wyndham Gold, Marriott Gold

What's your opinion about those 4 ? It seems to me e-rewards is the best, I just started with MyPoints, seems not bad neither. Any other ones ?

e-rewards - I had already made 4000 AA miles just by doing surveys for the past 7 months, seems quite easy

Opinion miles club - don't feel I am going to do that anymore since it asked many personal questions like "what is the name of the company you work for ?"

e-miles - it is saying you watch the videos and earn miles, but all the videos you are watching they want to sell you a product, then at the end it will pop up another page for the link to the product they are selling like charity, cruise, tours, etc. I don't think I will do that again

MyPoints - This one seems interesting, you can earn points by buying stuff from any stores, earn points by doing surveys, earn points by watching videos (just normal youtube videos, not selling any products, only last a minute or two), earn points by printing and using the grocery coupons. I will probably continue do it to earn UA miles.
Old Jul 21, 15, 2:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
As long as the IHG points from e-Rewards stay elite-qualifying, they're my general favorite.

You can get around the employment question at Opinion Miles Club (and sister sites Points For Surveys- Jet Blue and whatever the Spirit version is called) by declaring yourself unemployed and then you don't get the job-based survey stuff.

e-miles is pretty painless- click the continue or whatever it is at the bottom of the page after the video is done for it to credit. It's a very low earner though useful if you need a little account activity to prevent expiration.

If you've got a use for American Airlines gift cards, Swagbucks has both surveys and a whole bunch of videos you can do for those GCs. Also Hyatt and hotels.com gift cards.

I do some surveys every day at Prize Rebel for either American or Southwest GCs.

If you've got a truly unlimited internet connection at home, you can also run Perk's video apps for American GCs. See places like reddit or slick deals on 'Perk farms' using cheap no contract smartphones set up on your home wifi network.

Am currently trying out CheckPoints- the earning rate is slow, but their videos allow for the rare passive earning airline mile redmeption.
Old Jul 22, 15, 8:54 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
What's your opinion about those 4 ? It seems to me e-rewards is the best, I just started with MyPoints, seems not bad neither. Any other ones ?
For me....

I had these four: E-Rewards, E-Miles, MyPoints, and MyCokePoints. I dumped the last three and just stayed with E-Rewards due to time consumption and to show activity on any dormant accounts.

MyPoints used to be good, until they jacked up the points overnight, changed their website to be friendly with mobile, and then willfully hiding the link to redeem. I was getting sick of clicking emails for 5 points, some emails with 0 points, so I dumped them for the last cheap $10 Starbucks card. If it takes a year to get a $10 Starbucks card by clicking emails, then the program was no good. P.S.: Then Starbucks raised their coffee prices recently. LOL

E-Miles I used to like, but it's only good when you get a 500 Mile bonus bump-up to begin with. That too takes too long for these 5 mile clicks, another click before you have to get the confirmed click, wait a short survey click, a pop-up menu click, and finally watch these charity videos of people starving or animals abused.....I got my 1000 US Airways Miles and dumped them. Then AA and US merged their FF programs....LOL

MyCokePoints was the worst of all. In the past we could get 40,000 Hilton HHonors points, Waldorf Astoria Bathrobes, 5000 Delta SkyMiles, 17,500 Priority Club points (now IHG Points), and an unlimited amount of points to enter. Now it became 75 points per week maximum, the best one can get is a T-shirt for 550 points (which used to be 40K HHonors points when the program started), and a social engineering to engage in forced viewing of politically correct garbage when logging in.....so I dumped them.

Other may disagree, but that was my analysis which was a correct move because Koh Samui soon came into my sights after that.

N.B.: I do not use Opinion Miles Club, thus I can't speak for that.
Old Jul 22, 15, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Spock Seat View Post
MyPoints used to be good, until they jacked up the points overnight, changed their website to be friendly with mobile, and then willfully hiding the link to redeem.....
MyPoints didn't "willfully hide the link to redeem." It is in plain sight in the upper right corner of the home page! Granted, they recently did a major website redesign which took getting used to, but "hiding" the redemption link is NOT one of the issues at all!

It doesn't sound like you used the full range of MyPoints features, either. I use it for surveys (most of the time you still get 10 points even if you don't qualify to complete the survey for 50 or more points). Some hotel chains are bookable for MyPoints (including ones that aren't on ebates, etc.). There are also a number of other shopping opportunities for points. As for the email ads, if they offer points (usually 5, sometimes 10), I click through. No points offered, I don't. I get 100 points/month just for using "Search and earn" (41 or more searches/month). It doesn't take me anywhere near a year to earn a $10 gift card. I usually redeem for $25 Amazon cards, multiple times per year. (By the way, I haven't seen any recent huge increase in the number of points required for redemption -- when did this happen? Amazon is currently 4,000 points for a $25 card. It's been around that, or slightly less, for a long time.)

Bottom line: if you only use ONE feature of a multifaceted program such as MyPoints, you won't get as much out of it as you could.
Old Jul 22, 15, 11:26 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
MyPoints didn't "willfully hide the link to redeem." It is in plain sight in the upper right corner of the home page! Granted, they recently did a major website redesign which took getting used to, but "hiding" the redemption link is NOT one of the issues at all!
They did. At least for PC's. After accessing their page (again), it says the following:

Shop → Deals → Coupons → Videos → Surveys → More → Search →→→ Sign In → Join Now

I see no "redeem". THEY willfully hid the link to redeem. No one should have to "get used to" a major website design. If that is the case, again, I dumped them.

As for your advice on what I should do or didn't do, it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Focus on what you like and dislike, not what you think I should like or dislike.
Old Jul 22, 15, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, SPG Platinum, CP Gold, IHG Gold
I'm not a huge Mypoints fan, but on my PC the redemption is easy to find, and the different reward options can be found after 1 click on the home page (on the gift-wrapped box at the top right corner). tls
Old Jul 22, 15, 3:55 pm

E-Rewards/MYPoints/Opinion Miles club

I've tried and used e-rewards, mypoints, and opinion miles club

I'd recommend using each of them in a different way.

E-Rewards is my favorite. The surveys are quick and (MUCH less painful than the opinion miles clubs ones). I am able to earn $25 starbucks giftcards and/or miles redemption awards about every other month without spending a lot of time.

MyPoints- I find their surveys not worth the time. BUT, if I'm already shopping online I always go to the MyPoints storefront, and use their clickthrough if they partner. This is basically free money for an extra minute of your transaction. If you shop online anyway, it's low effort, and in the ~7 months I've been a member I've earned several giftcards and united miles

Opinion Miles Club- I kinda hate them. The surveys often take FOREVER, and I run into bad links where the survey cuts out halfway through (and you get no miles) pretty often. Best used only if you need an awkward amount of miles (like under 1,000) to do a redemption or to keep your miles current.
Old Jul 24, 15, 10:38 am

Programs: DL GM/SC; GE; Marriott PPE; IHG Spire
As frustrating as I find e-rewards these days - way too many surveys asking lots of questions before disqualifying - I find MyPoints surveys to be far worse. I kept running into issues where surveys would just end, with nothing to click to submit, even after I've answered multiple questions. Not worth bothering with something that doesn't pay off.
Old Jul 24, 15, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, SPG Platinum, CP Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ShopAround View Post
As frustrating as I find e-rewards these days - way too many surveys asking lots of questions before disqualifying - I find MyPoints surveys to be far worse. I kept running into issues where surveys would just end, with nothing to click to submit, even after I've answered multiple questions. Not worth bothering with something that doesn't pay off.
I agree. I stopped trying to answer the surveys years ago for this reason. Now I just get the 10 points for dq'ing. tls
Old Aug 1, 15, 2:12 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Mypoints - I too stopped doing the surveys years ago. I was doing the click-throughs for a long time, but finally stopped this year as the ratio of emails with no points continued to rise.

emiles - this one seems painless to me.

e-rewards - I think this works pretty well, but it doesn't work when I'm on a trip overseas and they lie to you about why.

opinion-miles - I was tired of trying to qualify and stopped doing them and they stopped sending them.
Old Aug 2, 15, 3:53 am

my e-miles account is showing a negative -970 mile balance, seems kind of weird having a negative balance
Old Aug 2, 15, 7:56 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I have redeemed over 400k MyPoints over the years, usually from IHG stays or Expedia airline tiks. use them for the UA miles. Recently, the IHG stays are posting slower and there is the additional 30 day wait. But, the UA miles are free like a HHonors double dip. Usually, I can plan my stays to make use of the 15 points per dollar, so a 10% rebate if i were to redeem for PayPal or VGC's.

It's free so no problem. Not too much of a hassle.
Old Aug 2, 15, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
If you've got a use for American Airlines gift cards, Swagbucks has both surveys and a whole bunch of videos you can do for those GCs. Also Hyatt and hotels.com gift cards.
Thanks for pointing that out- I never realized that Swagbucks has AA gift cards. It could be because they aren't listed in the "travel" category, but they showed up when searched. That being said, the points required are so high that I doubt I will ever target that as a reward.
Old Aug 28, 15, 7:47 am

I use e-miles and e-rewards when I'm stuck on hold on the telephone, and I find both pretty painless.

I used to do Opinion Miles, but I'm not going to anymore because of their frequent use of bait and switch. At least 5 of the last 10 supposed surveys have started as a survey only to morph into an ad trying to get one to pay for more survey opportunities. If you don't sign up, you get no credit for the questions you have answered. When you write to Customer Service, they just say that they have to control over what their clients do--tough luck! What a sleazy company for United Airlines to be aligned with.
Old Aug 31, 15, 6:13 am

I use, and like, E-Rewards and e-miles. I have made many redemptions for WN points from both programs. I have never heard of Prize Rebel, and would be very interested in people's opinions of this one.

Search this Thread