FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   BP Driver Rewards- Save 10¢ /gal for signing up then 5¢ /gal off U.S. ONLY (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1492562-bp-driver-rewards-save-10-gal-signing-up-then-5-gal-off-u-s-only.html)

Max M Aug 9, 2013 2:54 am

BP Driver Rewards- Save 10¢ /gal for signing up then 5¢ /gal off U.S. ONLY

Haven't seen this posted thus far, after conducting a search, I did not see this.

Sign up for BP's Driver Rewards program [somewhat similar to Shell Fuel Rewards] and save 10¢ /gallon for signing up, then 5¢ /gallon off after 2 fill-ps in which the 2 fillups total 20 gallons or more at participating U.S. BP gas stations.

Please be aware that not all BP stations participate-- the BP nearest to me does not participate.

https://bpdriverrewards.com/

Spiff Aug 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Not all fill-ups are 10 gal either... :(

Out of my Element Aug 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Yeah, I haven't stopped at a BP station since April 2010 or so (some of my friends haven't gone there since 2006).

I'm happier using my AAA Visa for 5% cash back at all the other gas stations.

PaulMSN Aug 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element (Post 21249671)
Yeah, I haven't stopped at a BP station since April 2010 or so (some of my friends haven't gone there since 2006).

I'm happier using my AAA Visa for 5% cash back at all the other gas stations.

Doesn't that card work at BPs?

EkekoBWI Aug 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Max M (Post 21241458)
Haven't seen this posted thus far, after conducting a search, I did not see this.

Sign up for BP's Driver Rewards program [somewhat similar to Shell Fuel Rewards] and save 10¢ /gallon for signing up, then 5¢ /gallon off after 2 fill-ps in which the 2 fillups total 20 gallons or more at participating U.S. BP gas stations.

Please be aware that not all BP stations participate-- the BP nearest to me does not participate.

https://bpdriverrewards.com/

Thanks. Might make sense to stack with a GC, but I don't have high hopes. I'm disappointed with Shell's program--after the initial savings ($.25 / gal?), there's not been anything to keep me in the program...or using Shell.

kipper Aug 12, 2013 5:59 am

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI (Post 21255474)
Thanks. Might make sense to stack with a GC, but I don't have high hopes. I'm disappointed with Shell's program--after the initial savings ($.25 / gal?), there's not been anything to keep me in the program...or using Shell.

Shell gives you $0.03 or $0.04 off/gallon just for swiping your card at the pump.

sosafan Aug 12, 2013 7:49 am

Got the card, activated it, went for the 10 cents off, didn't get it.

Sent an email - got a canned nonsense answer.

Printout out the activation, went back to the gas station with
the activation and the receipt; the owner spent 10 minutes at the
computer and told me there was nothing he could do and that I
would have to call.

Not worth the trouble for 70 cents.

augustus21 Aug 12, 2013 11:16 am

BP's prices in my area can't touch the likes of BJ's, Stop & Shop, or Cumberland Farms, all three of which charge the same for cash or credit.

I also hand out my Stop & Shop card to family members who buy a lot of groceries but never bother with the gas rewards program.

Out of my Element Aug 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 21250545)
Doesn't that card work at BPs?

perhaps, but I'll never find out.

kipper Aug 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element (Post 21259393)
perhaps, but I'll never find out.

Still bitter?

EkekoBWI Aug 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 21256905)
Shell gives you $0.03 or $0.04 off/gallon just for swiping your card at the pump.

...which, unfortunately, is still far higher than other stations. Stupid DC Beltway gas.

mommafrica Sep 3, 2013 11:36 am

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI (Post 21255474)

Correct! Especially being that u can barely use the original FRN card anywhere (impossible). Its as if you must have and use a Stop & Shop,Giant,Winn Dixie/some other grocery store loyalty card instead.

Out of my Element Sep 3, 2013 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 21259737)
Still bitter?

over them destroying the gulf of Mexico?

Yeah. Quite so.

moo-moo Sep 3, 2013 2:08 pm

$1 savings max per fill up? I suppose it is better than nothing or for people who cannot be bothered with the cheaper alternatives.

It still seems the way to buy gas is to use the grocery reward programs. $1 off per gallon in most areas and some regions are $2 off per gallon. It is not hassle free but worthwhile for people that drive a lot.

Besides the groc store methods, there's always the 10% savings from plink, 7-eleven gas plus whatever the credit card gives back which is presumably 5% for many people.

kipper Sep 3, 2013 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by moo-moo (Post 21383246)
$1 savings max per fill up? I suppose it is better than nothing or for people who cannot be bothered with the cheaper alternatives.

It still seems the way to buy gas is to use the grocery reward programs. $1 off per gallon in most areas and some regions are $2 off per gallon. It is not hassle free but worthwhile for people that drive a lot.

Besides the groc store methods, there's always the 10% savings from plink, 7-eleven gas plus whatever the credit card gives back which is presumably 5% for many people.

For some, grocery reward programs don't work well. One of our grocery store chains allows you to bank points (1/$1, 100 points = $0.10 off/gallon), yet does not give points on gift cards, and some of us don't spend that much on groceries in a rewards period. One of our other local chains gives $0.10 off/gallon after $50, but that $50 must be spent in the same day. That chain does allow you to earn points on gift card purchases, so we try to pick up gift cards any time we're going out to eat or going shopping at certain stores.

However, I generally don't earn more than $0.50 off/gallon in any of their "gas savings periods."

Plink requires one to have a 7-11 gas station nearby, and we don't have one of those.

It's really all about finding what works best for you, and focusing on that, rather than trying to do all of them.