Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Old May 28, 2015, 9:57 pm

Frustrated

I see that sometimes Top Cash Back replies here, so maybe its worth a try!

I have written numerous e-mails to your customer service, I have also submitted a BBB complaint. I have only received ONE e-mail back and it was full of nothing! No answers no nothing and now no one will respond again!

I can't log into my account, I had over $100 pending and I'm betting that has disappeared forever! I don't trust this company!

If anyone is reading this to see if this company is legit, they AREN'T! They are full of lies and no help and I will never use them again!
Old May 29, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I have booked a few hotel reservations, one of which is going to be a completed stay in two weeks. Most have not been tracked, and I even ensured for my last reservation for my browser to not have any third-party cookies disabled and ran a fresh install of Firefox solely for it.

So they have to be manually claimed for. I'll report back on how things go.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:52 pm

I see JACK from TopCashBack putting out messages to people that were scammed to send him a PM and he will look into it. I was deleted from TCB facebook page for speaking up to Jack about buying 4 weeks of time iwith an issue and I finally called them a scam operation.

My friends accounts were deleted, no response other than the buying time game... typical of a scam organization. They are operating illegally in the USA as they do not have a contact phone number which is required for any busness as such.

JACK is a phony... I have contacted OLIVER about Jack and Matt
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:11 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Yeah I've had lots of problems with transactions not posting... seems to be pretty random which ones do post vs not. mrrebates seems to be a little more reliable in that regard.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:29 pm

cyber

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Yeah I've had lots of problems with transactions not posting... seems to be pretty random which ones do post vs not. mrrebates seems to be a little more reliable in that regard.

TopCashBack seems a LOT like cyberrebate when they went under. Do some research on Cyberrebate... they played the buying time game also

To the guy that filed small claims... how did it go? My friends are thinking of doing that also

When a company refuses to answer messages, they know that they cant backup their reasoning for cancelling people and taking their cashback

Last edited by NickTis; Jun 4, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
What a frustrating experience dealing with topcashback. Transaction with Audible in December, $31 cash back for a $1 membership each month for three months. The purchase never tracked so I log a claim. I enclosed the order number and two times now after escalating, the reason for denied claim provided was that they can not find my order even though I can go in to my audible account and print out the receipt from all 3 months. How can they not find the order number is beyond me other than taking the money and denying my claim.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
I've used TCB for about 3 years and have received about $400 in rebates. Their rebate percentages used to be significantly higher than competitors such as Ebates and Mr. Rebates, but no longer. Also, I have submitted several claims in the past for rebates that were not posted, and nothing ever happened. In contrast, Mr. Rebates and Ebates will give me the credit if I forward a copy of the invoice. For that reason, I have decided not to use TCB unless they are offering a really high rebate, and if I am willing to take the risk that it will never post.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
An update: one of my BA hotel transactions was manually tracked and then turned payable after the stay was completed. I'm optimistic, but still have about 3 other untracked transactions. They will be requested after the stay dates are complete.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:51 am

Being relatively new to this, I'm keeping an eye on this thread. As I'm making a list of who to start using, TCB started at the top based on collective gathering of reads from various places. The front end of this thread is vastly different than the back end. I'm glad I read it.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I finally gave up on half a dozen Marriott reservations, starting last October. I was able to submit missing claims on two of them and gave up nudging them. Can't even do missing claims on the rest. Also had a National Car claim denied for no reason. Not worth my time to keep following up, so I'm now using MyPoints instead.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat,SPG-Plat,Hertz-PC
Requested to withdraw the fund via Paypal on July 20th, and then it says that Pay-out due before Aug 04, 2015 but I still have not yet received the funds.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
TopCashBack inflating lodging price on hotels.com

I compared the price of a few night hotel stay purchased directly on hotels.com or on the same site, accessed via topcashback.com. The difference in my case was 587-556=31$ or about 6%. Topcashback promisses 7% rebate on hotels.com. Given the above-mentioned example, does it mean that Topcashback in fact only offers 7-6=1% rebate?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by GREAKLY
I compared the price of a few night hotel stay purchased directly on hotels.com or on the same site, accessed via topcashback.com. The difference in my case was 587-556=31$ or about 6%. Topcashback promisses 7% rebate on hotels.com. Given the above-mentioned example, does it mean that Topcashback in fact only offers 7-6=1% rebate?
I have seen that happen occasionally (not all the time), but it's not TCB that's doing it (TCB has no influence on the rates shown on another site)--it's Hotels.com. I've seen the same thing when linking from other CB sites. Hotels.com seems to sometimes--again, not all the time, but sometimes--show inflated prices when coming from an affiliate link, as they know they are going to have to pay some of their cut to the affiliate.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by jackal
I have seen that happen occasionally (not all the time), but it's not TCB that's doing it (TCB has no influence on the rates shown on another site)--it's Hotels.com. I've seen the same thing when linking from other CB sites. Hotels.com seems to sometimes--again, not all the time, but sometimes--show inflated prices when coming from an affiliate link, as they know they are going to have to pay some of their cut to the affiliate.
It doesn't really matter who's doing it: TCB (or any other CB web site) or hotels.com. Either way, the price goes up to a point where it pretty much kills the rebate. Does it only happen with hotels.com? Do you know of any other travel sites that do the same thing? That sucks, because from now on I'd have to compare prices every time I assess any site via CB portal.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:45 am

I requested payment to my paypal, after 15 days still no payment. I wrote the ticket and got something like this:
"Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately there has been some recent fraudulent activity on a merchant that you have used. The details on those accounts and your own do bear some similarities which hopefully we can discount. In order to do this can you provide a copy of some form of official photo ID, you can send it to me at [email protected], Thanks.

Kind regards,
TopCashback Support. "
Who encountered this situation? What should I do? I guess I also can not get money after I send my photo ID to them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.