Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: vi, PuTTY, XFE
Originally Posted by guoguo914
TCB, as much as I would criticize its practice, though, does offer Highest Cashback Guarantee. It's like BRG claim in the hotel world.

I had bitter experience overall with TCB cashback but interestingly I had great experience with Highest Cashback Guarantee claims: made three claims, all on Staples (matched to upromise's 5.5%), got approved in one day.

The sad thing is, they just don't track every order before you can make HCG claim..
Just in case it isn't widely known BeFrugal also has a similar guarantee.

BeFrugal.com Best Cash Back Rate Guarantee Terms

It's a 125% match but it has a limit of one per store per member with a maximum credit of $25 per transaction.

TopCashBack's Highest Cashback Guarantee is much more liberal in comparison with none of the same limits as BeFrugal as far as I can tell.

TopCashBack Highest Cashback Guarantee Terms and Conditions

Also worth knowing is that BeFrugal has a coupon guarantee.

BeFrugal.com Coupon Guarantee

I found that by accident. I had an issue with a click-through not pushing through correctly to the merchant site. I did some rigorous testing and determined the error was on the BeFrugal end.

I submitted a site feedback issue just hoping it would eventually get fixed, and instead ended up using a competitor cash back site which I noted in the site feedback submission.

Here's the reply I received:
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, we appreciate your feedback.

I believe the problem was with the link we had posted. I tested it just recently and it appeared to be broken or expired. We have since removed the broken offer and are updating it with a new, working link. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

BeFrugal does offer a Coupon Guarantee. Since you were unable to make your purchase through BeFrugal due to the invalid link, I am crediting your account $5. You should see this activity when you log in.

Please let me know if you encounter any more problems, I would be happy to assist you.
Even though they knew I used a competitor cash back site for the purchase BeFrugal support essentially credited my account $5 for the inconvenience.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by TopCashbackUSA
Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems using TopCashback- I'll do my best to answer some of your queries.
Nice to see TopCashback support chiming in here.

I hope it expedites getting some of the issues mentioned by others resolved.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
I've started taking screen shots of every step, just in case.
I can't believe I forgot to mention that prior. Probably because it's old hat for me.

I do that with every cash back site, among other online sites.

I suggest others to the same. It's pretty easy to set up a screen capture application to make this a very automated and seamless process just using a hotkey.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I've had multiple transactions not credit, and the response from TCB has been underwhelming, to the point that I've stopped trying to claim credit. I have a referral credit that's been pending for over a year as well.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MClab

TopCashBack's Highest Cashback Guarantee is much more liberal in comparison with none of the same limits as BeFrugal as far as I can tell.

TopCashBack Highest Cashback Guarantee Terms and Conditions
What`s the point in offering bogus "highest cashback guarantee" in advertising if they don`t pay it out? Of course, that`s how they attract new blood-by making claims such as that, but they keep the money to themselves. Guaranteed.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
I've had multiple transactions not credit, and the response from TCB has been underwhelming, to the point that I've stopped trying to claim credit. I have a referral credit that's been pending for over a year as well.
That`s their strategy-to get you and others they don`t intend to pay overwhelmed. It is entertaining how they respond though. Just like from a book written about dishonest practices. In my case, they asked me to "write back to us if you don`t get the issue resolved in 4 weeks" multiple times. They are not cutting me off because they want me to give up like others did. Not a chance. They stole money, which were given to my name, not theirs, by merchants.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MClab
Nice to see TopCashback support chiming in here.

I hope it expedites getting some of the issues mentioned by others resolved.
They are not going to do anything about that but will continue to lie. They are very good at that. BBB is investigating them already. Waiting for a response from Attorney General and then with about a thousand folks (and counted) who are interested to get their money back from crooks TCB will be filing more complaints and a class action case. That`s the only way to get the money.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Kat007
That`s their strategy-to get you and others they don`t intend to pay overwhelmed. It is entertaining how they respond though. Just like from a book written about dishonest practices. In my case, they asked me to "write back to us if you don`t get the issue resolved in 4 weeks" multiple times. They are not cutting me off because they want me to give up like others did. Not a chance. They stole money, which were given to my name, not theirs, by merchants.
I love the,
Where a transaction fails to track, which is comparatively rare, we investigate this with the merchant and we do work hard to resolve the problem although we don't generally post an update on a claim until we have a resolution.
The only site that I use where I've had any amount of problems with transactions crediting has been Memolink, and I've found that they're usually very on top of things in regards to responses, and posting points very quickly. There's not a 2-3 month wait.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks for the warning!!
I signed up but haven't used them yet.

I have had good experiences with Ebates, Fatwallet and Mrrebates and will continue to use them.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
glad others are also reporting no issues. I was getting worried
Those others are mostly bloggers who get referral $$ to post about TCB (that`s how I "found" TCB). I would recommend to google "topcashback scam", "topcashback complaints" and such. You`ll be amazed. I wish I read about them before I spent my money using those scumbags.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guoguo914
I can't even find their BBB page.

How do we start a class action? What is the process?
They are not registered with BBB (however, BBB has a power over them), but are on their website under "coupon services". Just go to bbb.org and search for topcashback. Then file a complaint. You can also contact DE BBB via www.delaware.bbb.org. They are collecting complaints now, and to take more serious actions, they need to receive more complaints from the victims.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TaxiApple
Thanks for the warning!!
I signed up but haven't used them yet.

I have had good experiences with Ebates, Fatwallet and Mrrebates and will continue to use them.
You are very welcome! Spread the word to stop TCB dishonest practices.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

We don't make any guarantees, but cashback generally takes 2-3 months to become payable. Where a transaction fails to track, which is comparatively rare, we investigate this with the merchant and we do work hard to resolve the problem although we don't generally post an update on a claim until we have a resolution. We are required to submit these in batches every few weeks and again, we expect these to be resolved within 2-3 months. If you find that it takes longer than this, please submit a support ticket. This will be answered within a few days and an update will be provided on your claim.
You do answer (which has been a waste of my time to read and write and that time will be included in a cost against your dishonest practices), but you don`t pay out and feed me up with your bogus promises in hope I will give up eventually.

[/QUOTE] Kat007, can you email [email protected] so that I can access your account and have a look into your claim?

TopCashback[/QUOTE]

I assume you are John, who wrote me at least a dozen times the same thing on other boards, but yet to fail to solve anything when I contacted you. I even warned you about my further legal actions, but you ignored me. The show must stop.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:38 pm

What`s the point in offering bogus "highest cashback guarantee" in advertising if they don`t pay it out? Of course, that`s how they attract new blood-by making claims such as that, but they keep the money to themselves. Guaranteed.
They are not going to do anything about that but will continue to lie. They are very good at that. BBB is investigating them already. Waiting for a response from Attorney General and then with about a thousand folks (and counted) who are interested to get their money back from crooks TCB will be filing more complaints and a class action case. That`s the only way to get the money.
I assume you are John, who wrote me at least a dozen times the same thing on other boards, but yet to fail to solve anything when I contacted you. I even warned you about my further legal actions, but you ignored me. The show must stop.
I don't know why you are taking issue with me personally here. I pointed out your error, which you've yet to acknowledge. Beyond that, all I've done is posted some information. Not just about TopCashback mind you but another cash back competitor as well.

I can't make any assumptions about your experience, and have refrained from doing so.

Someone from TopCashback has reached out here, and is at least trying to help you. If you've not followed his/her advice and sent the e-mail they suggested today - no matter how many other e-mails/tickets you've sent in the past - I'm not sure you can expect any resolution.

If it were me, I'd at least make the effort and see what develops. Assumptions based on past experiences aren't always correct.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:50 pm

Those others are mostly bloggers who get referral $$ to post about TCB (that`s how I "found" TCB). I would recommend to google "topcashback scam", "topcashback complaints" and such. You`ll be amazed. I wish I read about them before I spent my money using those scumbags.
I feel a bit silly pointing this out, but what the heck? Perhaps it will inform others.

If you "Google" nearly any company and scam/complaint, you're going to find results. A ton of companies are listed on RipoffReport alone.

Even other cash back companies, including EBates and a number of others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.