Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Office max 10 off two $50 mastercard giftcards

Office max 10 off two $50 mastercard giftcards

Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by drdrew450
both the OM I passed are out of stock, maybe I will keep my mouth shut next time, some of these people are hogs
Hmm, to leave free money for other people who will take it all or to be smart enough to take the free money before other people even know about it... decisions decisions
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Well, I have made money from others info, thought I would share, just didnt expect it to die so quickly
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
LOL. I definitely met FTers and wanted to strike a convo but think they were leaving in a hurry, either that or I need to wear better deo next time. Saw the lady with Ink+ in hand as she grabbed a couple. I was planning on doing multi transactions but she said the checkout is only allowing a pair per person.
Yup, I was at 75/15 today and cashier would only let me buy one pair. I don't think I saw any other FTers during my visit though.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
Yup, I was at 75/15 today and cashier would only let me buy one pair. I don't think I saw any other FTers during my visit though.
I went around 1 PM. Went again after work and the whole rack was cleaned out. Went to the one on Campbell/75 from there, 3-4 slots were cleaned up
Next time I am not showing mercy haha
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:23 pm

Went in OM tonight and picked up 2 pairs (left some for others :-) The cashier automatically did two separate transactions for me, thanks OM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: Many
Only one pair allowed here, but two stores in easy driving distance, so a quick $20 profit + 900 UR points for 15 minutes of effort. Will try it again before the deadline - I'm wondering if close to the deadline they'll bend the rules if cards remain. We're not in a hotbed of FT activity here. Obviously the promotion means to be driving traffic into their stores, so it's not clear why they would want to sell the same person many cards.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:00 am

Cleaned out both Office Max stores in my rural area. Employees knew about the promo & the limit 1, but manager approved the transactions. Funny thing is, when I was paying for like 50 gift cards at one store, some other FT people came in looking for more.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Bought 30 over the past 2 days, 15 separate transactions. They still have more but I think I don't want to over do it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
When I first tried to buy them on Sunday, the register wasn't ringing a discount at all. After 15 minutes on the phone with the help desk, she just rang me up at the regular price and gave me $10 cash. Went back yesterday and the register rang $10 off each card, but the cashier noticed that didn't match what their ad said, so she called help desk again and put in a "fix it ticket." Rang me up at regular price and gave me $10 cash. (As you can imagine, there are A LOT of cards at this location!) The same cashier from Sunday came by after about 5 minutes and recognized me as "the gift card lady", so I can't go back there again this week. Went to a different OM instead, register rang $10 off each card, and cashier didn't bat an eye, but I could only buy one set. I'll be interested in seeing if the overly observant cashier and her "fix it ticket" has any impact on this promo for other stores.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:41 am

Manager says 1 set of 2 cards per "group of people". I guess others have tried the "can my wife get a set too?" before. They also had to look for more cards and only found 6 so they're likely gone by now. One store had a newbie cashier that had to ask a manager how to do a separate transaction But they had a bunch of cards so I'll go back today. The last store had no cards and couldn't find more, but the manager even explained that it was an awesome deal, $20 off for 2 cards. Maybe she hid them.

Lost my beenie hat at one of the stores, went back to them all and couldn't find it
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:13 am

Some posters on SD are reporting that the glitch has been fixed and 2 cards are now ringing up as $99.90.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:13 am

went on an OM run late yesterday.. lucked out at first store with cashier.. asked if i could buy more to wish she said 'as many as you want'.... *gets 20* figured out that system is coded to do 2 per transaction, ask if she minds.. she says it's fine. got through 8 before I hit a fraud alert on card, after i unblocked it she informed me that she could not sell me more after that cause of the limit (manager walked over after a while) Politely thanked and left. Went to another store slightly before closing, got 2 there.. rack was almost cleaned out.. 1 left.

It is a bit of a pain to cash these through AZ, took me a bit to redeem them all, put the last 2 towards an early comcast payment. Glad I went early if the 'glitch' is fixed.. it was sweet to get $100 for $89.90!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
Some posters on SD are reporting that the glitch has been fixed and 2 cards are now ringing up as $99.90.
Ah well...it's still useful for minimum spend. BTW, the cashier had a note on her register from earlier in the day to watch out for the glitch, so I at least know that I'm not responsible for blowing it for everyone. Someone was bound to notice eventually!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:39 am

I'm surprised it took this long actually. Still good for spend which I have a lot to meet.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Holy crap...this was actually a glitch in the system? I thought that was the promotion to get the 2 cards for $89.90...good thing I did it when I did it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.