Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Starbucks-12 days of gifting-discounts

Old Dec 6, 12, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Tomorrow, 12/7, one of the gifts is supposed to be $5 off a pound of their Christmas Blend coffee. I had a cup today and it is delicious.
http://rekindle.starbucks.com/en-us/products/12-days
Old Dec 7, 12, 2:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Tomorrow, 12/7, one of the gifts is supposed to be $5 off a pound of their Christmas Blend coffee. I had a cup today and it is delicious.
http://rekindle.starbucks.com/en-us/products/12-days
Just received the email about the Christmas blend.
Old Dec 7, 12, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Just received the email about the Christmas blend.
I had them do a 12 oz. pour-over with some freshly ground Christmas blend this AM & it was very good. After the $5 discount I paid $9.95 for a LB.
Old Dec 8, 12, 12:57 pm
Suspended

It is overpriced even after the discount.
Old Dec 8, 12, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer View Post
It is overpriced even after the discount.
$9.95 a LB is overpriced? Sure, if you like Folgers I guess.
Old Dec 8, 12, 1:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Well-said.
Old Dec 8, 12, 6:58 pm

$9.95 is not overpriced compared to paying full retail.

However, the current Target deal with all the GC's and coupons is a lot cheaper than anything I've seen recently. Comes out to around ~$2 a bag and I saw Christmas blend at my local store today. Probably not nearly as fresh as the beans one might find at Starbucks itself.

This deal involves buying filler, coupons & rebates so it's not hassle free.
- $10 Target GC after $50 purchase
- $5 Target GC for each 2 bags of Starbucks
- $5 Starbucks GC for each 3 bags of Starbucks
- $3 off WYB 2 bags from the SS coupons found in Sunday insert.

Basically the deal is buy 4 bags of Xmas blend for $24, add $36 of filler (which is a lot) and get $25 back in GC's. There are variations on price and how this deal can be worked (ie 8 bags, 6 bags, etc).

SD has a lot more details on it here. Anyway, part of this offer is ending tonight so it's probably too late for most people to stockpile.

Last edited by moo-moo; Dec 8, 12 at 7:05 pm
Old Dec 8, 12, 10:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
You could probably pick up another $5 gift card or two on the $36 filler on another one of those Target promotions. Last time we were in there, we got $10 in GCs from toilet paper and paper towel purchases.

Since we don't have a Costco around Target ends up being our stock up place for those kinds of things, and by the time we need to replenish the stash, they seem to have another $5 GC promotion going on.
Old Dec 8, 12, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It irks me that I had purchased 3 bags for $5 Target GC the week of 11/25 to 12/01, then they dropped it to 2 bags for $5 Target GC the week of 12/02 to 12/08. I bought 3x 2 bags on 12/06, and they came up with the $10 Target GC for $50 purchase! It is oh so annoyed...

I did send in the $5 Starbucks GC rebate though not sure whether the $5 Target GC on the receipt would affect the process of the Starbucks own rebate.

BTW, the $7.99 bag is for 12 oz not a pound. So $9.99 a lb net cost is actually a tad cheaper.
Old Dec 8, 12, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
You could probably pick up another $5 gift card or two on the $36 filler on another one of those Target promotions. Last time we were in there, we got $10 in GCs from toilet paper and paper towel purchases.

Since we don't have a Costco around Target ends up being our stock up place for those kinds of things, and by the time we need to replenish the stash, they seem to have another $5 GC promotion going on.
Yes, good point. There are frequently interesting GC deals at Target and it's always easy to find filler (like $25 GC's at 20% off) for the recently ended promo.

Also, actually it was $26 of filler, not $36 -- duhh - I'm math challenged tonight.

@Happy: Yeah, agree it was super annoying since I also bought coffee the day before the $10 GC for $50 came out. But then I did it twice more with the full discounts for additional stockpiling since this is about as cheap as Starbucks coffee ever gets.

As for the $7.99 per bag, that's the price that I saw too (in CA) but there were reports on SD of people seeing $6.99 or $7.29 so there is apparently some regional variation.
Old Dec 9, 12, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moo-moo View Post
Yes, good point. There are frequently interesting GC deals at Target and it's always easy to find filler (like $25 GC's at 20% off) for the recently ended promo.

Also, actually it was $26 of filler, not $36 -- duhh - I'm math challenged tonight.

@Happy: Yeah, agree it was super annoying since I also bought coffee the day before the $10 GC for $50 came out. But then I did it twice more with the full discounts for additional stockpiling since this is about as cheap as Starbucks coffee ever gets.

As for the $7.99 per bag, that's the price that I saw too (in CA) but there were reports on SD of people seeing $6.99 or $7.29 so there is apparently some regional variation.
I already have 9 bags 3 2 weeks ago + 2x3 the week before the $10/50 came out - cannot stock piling more because they do have about 6 months only "fresh period". When at home we consume about 1 bag just short of a month. So even if we dont go on a long trip, the current stockpile would last till Jun/Jul NEXT YEAR. If we go on a 2 months trip sometime in Spring, then we would not finish the current pile till Sept! They do lose their aroma after a few months even stored in freezer unopened.

I am sure the price would be cheaper in Texas / Tennessee / Alabama and the like, than in South Florida. Our prices are always among the highest reported.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: