Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crabbing
tips for getting free swagbucks:

subscribe to this thread to receive updates on when codes are available for free SBs. you can also check the widget. redeem codes by hovering your mouse over the "swag code" icon on the upper right hand side of the swagbucks home page, or by entering the code on the left hand side of the account summary page. note that some codes can be used by everyone, and some codes are unique to each user. the codes are also case sensitive, and copying&pasting sometimes adds a space at the end of the code, which may cause the code to be rejected.

search regularly. you can usually get 7-10 SB by searching, although you sometimes have to dig through to page 5-10 in the results to get the points. don't click through too quickly - it sometimes helps to wait a few minutes before going to the next page of search results. it is possible to get more points by searching again, after a few hours. don't wait too long to enter the three-letter, all caps, capture code.

the daily poll is worth 1 sb.

NOSO gives 2 sb after you click through 2-5 screens. always click "see next offer." if you configure ....... properly, that will be all you see and you don't even have to worry about the ad (doesn't block the disney and diabetes ads though).

games gives 2 sb for "playing" games, for a max of 10 sb/day. click on the game, click "play for free," and then go do something else for a minute or two (best to do this with the sound off). repeat with another game.

videos are worth 3 sb for "watching" 10 videos. the video might* still count, even if the page is minimized or in the background behind other pages or programs. note that the video has to play all the way through, the flash player consumes a lot of memory, ....... sometimes blocks the video entirely, and the sound is difficult to reduce. *more recently, i think SB may have coded their videos so they only place in the active window with the mouse on the page, meaning that you can't do something else while the video is playing.

you can get 10 sb for each coupon you print and redeem. note that some of the "coupons" say "click for offer" without giving you a coupon to print - these clickthroughs do not give any sb. unlike most other SBs, it can take several weeks to get coupon credit. if your daycare or work has a "coupons for parents" envelope in a conspicuous place, diaper and cheerios coupons alone can net you 50 or more SB per week.

you can get various amounts of sb for surveys, tasks, purchases, and other activity. unlike mypoints or e-rewards, you get no sb if you fail to qualify for a survey.

SB also acts as a shopping portal. amazon gives you 3 sb/dollar, but only in certain categories (auto, shoes, and local). 1 sb/dollar is roughly equivalent to 1% cash back, assuming you redeem for amazon gift cards.
Print Wikipost

Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ismilee
I received two emails from Swagbucks...one offering me 50 SB to click below, and then 50 more for telling them 'where you've been' lately. The other was for a GC from 'Mason' with the wrong total number of SB in my account. They both appear to be from SB (no weird email address, no poor spelling, etc). Has anyone else received these type of emails? They look completely legit, but could be phishing given what they're offering. Thanks!
From their Facebook page:

Hi Swaggernauts, we have an important message regarding a couple of emails you may have received this afternoon. One such email promised 100 SB (50 SB for clicking on a link and another 50 SB for filling out a survey) and a separate email stated you had a certain amount of SB to use towards a gift card. Rest assured, those emails did come from Swagbucks however, there was a glitch in our targeting system and those emails were sent to unintended recipients. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and concern that this has caused you.
~Team Swagbucks
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Saas
From their Facebook page:

Hi Swaggernauts, we have an important message regarding a couple of emails you may have received this afternoon. One such email promised 100 SB (50 SB for clicking on a link and another 50 SB for filling out a survey) and a separate email stated you had a certain amount of SB to use towards a gift card. Rest assured, those emails did come from Swagbucks however, there was a glitch in our targeting system and those emails were sent to unintended recipients. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and concern that this has caused you.
~Team Swagbucks
Thanks! I'll try the 100 SB email link then... :-)
Old May 4, 2018, 8:47 am

Hi, I'm new to Swagbucks. There is an offer for the $10 bonus with the following terms.

"Get a 1000 SB bonus, which is equivalent to $10 in value, when you spend at least $25 at a store featured in Swagbucks.com/Shop. You must receive a minimum of 25 SB for this purchase, which you must complete within 30 days of registration. MyGiftCardsPlus.com and travel purchases do not qualify."

What is confusing is the mention of "store featured". Does it have to be one of the stores under "Featured Stores", or do the stores in "Recommended for You" also work.

Curious if others have had success with stores in the "Recommended for You" section.
Old May 12, 2018, 9:02 pm

Anything under swagbucks.com/shop should work.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Is anyone else feeling like Swagbucks is requiring more time for less? I've been on the site for about a year and a half and I've made a ton of money (Paypal) but lately I can't use the swagcodes, extra videos for less swagbucks and surveys that I spend 15 minutes or more answering only to be DQ'd.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Is anyone else feeling like Swagbucks is requiring more time for less? I've been on the site for about a year and a half and I've made a ton of money (Paypal) but lately I can't use the swagcodes, extra videos for less swagbucks and surveys that I spend 15 minutes or more answering only to be DQ'd.
I know it's been a while since this comment was posted...but yes, it does seem that more time is required for less. And a lot of following up on things, like 'bonus rate' points for shopping, etc. However, getting bonus points for daily searches seems to have increased, which is a positive.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:36 pm
Original Member

Swagbucks is offering 4,000 bucks for joining the Sierra Club at a minimum commitment of $15/month. The 4,000 bucks are worth at least $40 - more if you use them to by Amazon or Visa gift cards at frequent discount prices. This is a very good way to do some good while earning some money.
  • On the Swagbucks website search for Sierra Club. Click on Special Terms to see the offer. Must donate $15 to earn SB. Donations under $15 are not eligible for SB. Must use valid contact and payment information to earn SB. Must remain a member for 35 days to receive SB.
  • In addition to environmental advocacy, both local chapters and the national organization of the Sierra Club offer wonderful outdoor activities from local hikes to longer time backpacking trips to rafting to international trips, and much more. My local Sierra Club singles section was my main source of female company in my younger days.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:22 pm

Is there ebay gift card can be redeemed?

Is there ebay gift card can be redeemed? Or amazon is the only choice? I have not registered yet.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
There are a bunch of redemption options right now for USA-based accounts including e-bay, Amazon, PayPal, and Southwest, American and Delta GCs and United miles
Yanwang likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:08 pm

I just registered Swagbucks

I just registered Swagbuck using the conga, and found that Swagbuck also sent $3 amazon card. Is it the 300sb for the new user who spend over $25? Or just another different awards to new user?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:12 pm

Thank you so much for quick reply

Originally Posted by beachmouse
There are a bunch of redemption options right now for USA-based accounts including e-bay, Amazon, PayPal, and Southwest, American and Delta GCs and United miles
I see . Thank you so much!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The $100 Delta GCs are currently on 10% discount, so 9K SBs per card. There are a decent number of data points that you can stack more than three of them if you call customer service to book a flight rather than booking by web.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:58 pm
Original Member

Swagcode spoiler

If you are using Swag Codes Spoiler to get almost daily notices of Swag Codes, (sign up at its notifications page), do not believe it when they tell you the code has expired. Often they will give you the Swagbucks anyway, either because you qualify for a code extension, or for no apparent reason at all.

To enter the code, hover on the number of points you have shown on the upper right corner of the Swagbucks home page and then click on Redeem Swag Code

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.