Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Discover America: Daily Getaways 2012 (Amex)

Discover America: Daily Getaways 2012 (Amex)

Old Apr 9, 12, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by bj2757 View Post
Does anyone have any idea where the pre-sale code is going to be posted? I "liked" the links they provided for today, but I'm curious if a notice will show up on my Facebook page, if I have to go to the hotel Facebook page, or the Discover America page for that item. Confused (as normal).
Just got my answer - there is a post on my Facebook page from Priority Club.
Old Apr 9, 12, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich View Post
Yeah I don't see any codes at all...IC posted a link to the promo on their site (in particular the 1 night at IC for $167) but that's all.

I intend to buy the 10K points for $67 in order to seed future point purchases (since I have 0 points in my account at the moment)

EDIT: Ah they posted the code -- 9D347. Please only use it after I buy my points
Seems the codes are different for everyone. I got a different code posted on my FB page.
Old Apr 9, 12, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Ismilee View Post
Seems the codes are different for everyone. I got a different code posted on my FB page.
9D347 is the code, I follow most of the IHG brands and each has the same code listed.
Old Apr 9, 12, 9:28 am

Strange -- they just posted it as a comment:

InterContinental Hotels & Resorts ‎Matthew Nyers / We updated the time, it's noon indeed
Kalil Daoud / Many thanks for noticing!
Nina Westsiderider Hodge / The link should be sufficient but just in case, here is the code : 9D347
Paul Rodi / Head over the website through the link, choose your favourite package, and follow the instructions on the page - we've been told the process is pretty straightforward. Should you need any help please feel free to comment here!
Old Apr 9, 12, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by jrm68 View Post
9D347 is the code, I follow most of the IHG brands and each has the same code listed.
Am I correct in assuming a link will appear at noon eastern were you can enter that code?
Old Apr 9, 12, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by onlybeef42 View Post
Am I correct in assuming a link will appear at noon eastern were you can enter that code?
I am not buying IHG points. I follow them normally and only wanted to see how the code would appear for future deals.

I assume that the main page will change to a purchase link and it will have a box to input the presale code, like when buying concert tickets.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Default.aspx

*Edit* box appeared at 12 and you can purchase after inputting code. New screen appears, so maybe turn off popup blocker.
It seems to give you 6 minutes to complete purchase. I am not buying so maybe someone else can add info on other screens

Last edited by jrm68; Apr 9, 12 at 10:04 am
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:03 am

Yay got my 10K points. The code works: 9D347
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by jrm68 View Post
I am not buying IHG points. I follow them normally and only wanted to see how the code would appear for future deals.

I assume that the main page will change to a purchase link and it will have a box to input the presale code, like when buying concert tickets.

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Default.aspx
I needed to buy because I had less than 5,000 points .

Experiences: A link showed up for the code. I had Chrome, IE, and Firefox all ready to make sure one went through. Entered in code in Chrome first, clicked buy one. IE second (about 3 seconds later) had the same experience. Firefox was last to have code entered and all packages were in carts by then. It took about 1 minute of loading before you arrived at the 5 minute enter your info screen. Also, note that you needed to include your priority club number.

So, it took less than 30 seconds for all pre-orders of the 10,000 point package to be reserved.
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Is it not wrong to show a picture of the IC Times Square next to the IC offer, when that is a 50k property?
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:41 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I had a different code as well - but then it changed to the 347 code sometime after. I got the two offers I was after :-)
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by bj2757 View Post
I had a different code as well - but then it changed to the 347 code sometime after. I got the two offers I was after :-)
And I couldn't get anything! Everything was always in someone else's cart
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:49 am

And I couldn't get anything! Everything was always in someone else's cart

because pre-sale has so limited quantity, you should be able to buy at the begining of the normal sale @1 pm est
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:53 am

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
I was given invalid code also.... blah
Old Apr 9, 12, 10:58 am

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
My code was 9D347 and it worked fine.

I bought the 25k package. Interestingly, my confirm e-mail says I'll get 40k points. I'm sure it's just a glitch, but that would be a nice bonus.
Old Apr 9, 12, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by iwpingmu View Post
because pre-sale has so limited quantity, you should be able to buy at the begining of the normal sale @1 pm est
Yes, got it at 1 pm. Thanks.

Search this Thread