Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to Prosper.com for Lenders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:06 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond

I've had great luck with Prosper.com over the last four years, with an annual return just shy of 30%. I fully acknowledge it's mostly luck, there's not much skill in picking loans to fund given the limited information they give you.

That said, Connecticut residents can not currently invest in any future loans. Supposedly they are working on it, but they have been saying that for months, and it's silly to just let the money sit there collecting dust. Should they resolve it, I will be thrilled to fund loans again.

Anybody using an alternative to Prosper for peer to peer lending they are happy with?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Mr. Crispy had used Prosper, too, until his state banned its residents as well. He looked into other sites (I think he was particularly keen on trying fundingclub.com) but his state hadn't just banned their residents from Prosper, but from all peer to peer lending sites. You may find that you are unable to use any of them.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:52 pm

For peer-peer lending i use lendingclub.com. So far it has been a good experience giving me 10+% returns. If someone is interested in joining, please let me know and i can send invites
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:57 pm

Are any of these peer to peer sites mileage card beneficial?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:32 am

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by cfuss
Are any of these peer to peer sites mileage card beneficial?
Kiva might allow mileage earning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.