Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Universal Studios limited time deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

If anyone is thinking of going to Universal Studios in Florida (either park), check out my blog post today: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...-harry-potter/

I don't usually plug my own posts here, but I think this deal will disappear quickly so I want FlyerTalkers to have a chance to get in before the chance is gone!

Last edited by Frequent Miler; Nov 5, 2011 at 6:13 pm
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Looks like a pretty good deal.. There is discussion in the Orlando, Florida forum about 5,000 points obtaining a one day ticket..

So if indeed true, this offer getting 2 days at Universal for 5,000 points would be double the value.. plus the points are worth more than 2 cents each on this redemption..
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Just to be clear, this is a one day ticket that is good for both parks in one day
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
Just to be clear, this is a one day ticket that is good for both parks in one day
From the article of your provided link..
"Luckily for me and for anyone else hoping to go to Universal Studios, there is another redemption option in which Ultimate Rewards points are worth more than 2 cents each. The same two-park, one-day tickets that usually cost $120 are available from Ultimate Rewards shopping for only 5000 points each. That’s a value of 2.4 cents per point! I’ve already claimed the three tickets that we need, so hurry and claim yours because sooner or later someone is going to figure out what a great deal this is and re-price it accordingly."

My mistake.. Two Park, one-day ticket for $120..

The Orlando Forum had the $85 tickets going for 1 day redemption of 5,000 points IIRC.. So this is a better deal, getting 2 parks in a day for a 5,000 mile redemption
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I am really excited about this deal and considering getting two tickets @ 10,000 pts, even though I have no set Orlando visit in mind.

Thanks, FM!!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blase
I am really excited about this deal and considering getting two tickets @ 10,000 pts, even though I have no set Orlando visit in mind.

Thanks, FM!!
Blase: go for it. On ebay these tickets are selling for over $100 so you don't have much to lose if you end up not going
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks OP!

If anyone is thinking of going to Universal Studios in Florida (either park), check out my blog post today: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...-harry-potter/

I don't usually plug my own posts here, but I think this deal will disappear quickly so I want FlyerTalkers to have a chance to get in before the chance is gone!
Going to Orlando with the family in December and was trying to figure out which theme park to go. Now the choice has become much easier thanks to you.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rookie10
Going to Orlando with the family in December and was trying to figure out which theme park to go. Now the choice has become much easier thanks to you.
Cool!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:30 pm

with

if your in ATL you can pair it with the free ticket offer from megabus for free transport to Orlando nov 15-dec 15..while they last.
the buses drop you off at crown plaza hotel, do they have free park shuttles?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wise2u
if your in ATL you can pair it with the free ticket offer from megabus for free transport to Orlando nov 15-dec 15..while they last.
the buses drop you off at crown plaza hotel, do they have free park shuttles?
Great idea!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:12 pm

Blase: go for it. On ebay these tickets are selling for over $100 so you don't have much to lose if you end up not going
thanks... so I can always keep these in the "back pocket" and sell on Ebay if I like!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:17 pm

Little tips for those who are considering going to Universal based on this Chase deal... I just went in October and we did both parks over two days but I personally felt like I could have done both in one.

Since this is a park-to-park pass from Chase, what I would suggest is going to Islands of Adventure first as that's where the Harry Potter world is located. Head right to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as that's the best and most popular ride - when we were there, lines were upwards of 90 minutes long and that was at 9:30 a.m.! (park had just opened at 9). Fortunately we didn't have to wait that long, as we took advantage of the next tip: USE THE SINGLE RIDERS LINE! I went with a party of four and we decided we didn't care about riding together - turned out to be the best idea ever, as we only had to wait 10 minutes and then 8 minutes for our two rides. The ride is configured so that you can't really see the person next to you anyway, so no point in waiting together to ride together!

The single riders line was great with Spiderman too (also at IofA) as that line was over an hour and with the single riders line we waited less than 5 minutes (went on it three times in a row).

Universal has lots of the "older" rides and I wasn't too impressed by anything there except for the Mummy ride... but that is just my opinion. Lots of fun stuff for kids at both parks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.