Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Are you still able to redeem your points for United miles? I don't see that option anymore among the available awards.
Yes, they are still available for me. I noticed that certain awards don't show up when you don't have enough points to redeem for them.
Old May 15, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
Yes, they are still available for me. I noticed that certain awards don't show up when you don't have enough points to redeem for them.
Yes, I just found it near the bottom of the list. I could swear that it wasn't there or maybe I just overlooked it.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Yes, I just found it near the bottom of the list. I could swear that it wasn't there or maybe I just overlooked it.
Sometimes awards seem to go out of stock for awhile, then they are "replenished." There probably are limits on the quantity that can be awarded within a given time frame.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
UAL redemptions come & go, hang in there & keep watching.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Huck
UAL redemptions come & go, hang in there & keep watching.
Just checked and it is currently available. But is this even a good value? 2.500 UA miles for a points amount that can get you around $50 in a store gift card?
Old May 23, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ff.volker
Just checked and it is currently available. But is this even a good value? 2.500 UA miles for a points amount that can get you around $50 in a store gift card?
It depends on what you value. This is not a one-size-fits-all situation. Some people here redeem only for UA miles; some, like me, would rather have a gift card.
Old May 23, 2016, 6:26 pm

My account suddenly became unavailable. I do have 100K points there earned within the past few years.
Any way to contact them?
Old May 28, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Did any of you buy gift cards from Swappable?

I just received an email from MyPoints stating that they are shutting down Swappable (see below). Swappable was owned by MyPoints and lasted less than a year, but they offered great deals if you bought a gift card with them.

"Dear Swappable User

We regret to inform you that we will no longer be offering the Swappable gift card store and service as of May 31st 2016.

Your Swappable Wallet will be available until July 31st 2016. Please make sure you've redeemed or printed out any unused gift cards prior to that date.

We will follow up with you shortly with instructions on how to cash out any outstanding Reward Dollars.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of Swappable.

Regards, The Swappable Team"
Old May 28, 2016, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I just received an email from MyPoints stating that they are shutting down Swappable (see below). Swappable was owned by MyPoints and lasted less than a year, but they offered great deals if you bought a gift card with them.

"Dear Swappable User

We regret to inform you that we will no longer be offering the Swappable gift card store and service as of May 31st 2016.

Your Swappable Wallet will be available until July 31st 2016. Please make sure you've redeemed or printed out any unused gift cards prior to that date.

We will follow up with you shortly with instructions on how to cash out any outstanding Reward Dollars.

I never tried Swappable. I guess this means I never will.
Old May 29, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I recently made a purchase on Walmart.com, and a few days later to my surprise a bunch of points showed up in my mypoints.com account, attributed to the Walmart purchase.

I had no idea this would happen, and I'm not sure why or how it did. I did use the same browser for the Walmart purchase as I use for mypoints. I'm typically not logged onto my mypoints account, although I suppose it's possible I was. Even when I'm not, the cookies remember my name and points total.

But what I didn't do is go through the mypoints site. In other words, I didn't clicking on the Walmart link on the mypoints web site. I just entered Walmart.com up where you place the URL, logged on to my Walmart account, and made the purchase.

How did the purchase get attributed to mypoints? I need to do this again! tls
Old May 30, 2016, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by thelostshark
I recently made a purchase on Walmart.com, and a few days later to my surprise a bunch of points showed up in my mypoints.com account, attributed to the Walmart purchase.

I had no idea this would happen, and I'm not sure why or how it did. I did use the same browser for the Walmart purchase as I use for mypoints. I'm typically not logged onto my mypoints account, although I suppose it's possible I was. Even when I'm not, the cookies remember my name and points total.

But what I didn't do is go through the mypoints site. In other words, I didn't clicking on the Walmart link on the mypoints web site. I just entered Walmart.com up where you place the URL, logged on to my Walmart account, and made the purchase.

How did the purchase get attributed to mypoints? I need to do this again! tls
Did you install MyPoints Score?
Old May 30, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
No. I'd never heard of it before reading your post. But I may install it now! tls
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:11 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I guess it's worth posting here that MyPoints was bought out by the owner of Swagbucks last month. Looks like United Online has divested from all of its holdings.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek

"Dear Swappable User

Yes, I bought e-gift cards through Swappable when there were some juicy Mypoints offers. I redeemed all the e-gift cards online immediately after purchase. (I bought mainly Amazon and a few iTunes cards, IIRC.)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uxb
I guess it's worth posting here that MyPoints was bought out by the owner of Swagbucks last month. Looks like United Online has divested from all of its holdings.
Is this a good or bad thing for us?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.