Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Nanook
Today's apple is in Discount School Supply. Good luck.
Won 5 points today, thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Thanks! Another 5 points for me today!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:08 pm

5 points for me today, thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Today's apple is in Cookie's Kids. Good luck.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by Nanook
Today's apple is in Cookie's Kids. Good luck.
Thanks! Got another 5 points today!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
Originally Posted by Richklhs
was browsing MyPoints for only the 2nd or 3rd time a few days ago and saw a banner that said buy $9.99 worth of tokens for games and get 11,000 points. I did it and they posted today.

12,000 points gets me 5,000 United miles. What a great deal.
Just an update on this. They are doing it again threw the wheel of fortune, its 9500 points on a $9.99 bundle of tokens + ten spins. I believe you might have to check the rules if your eligible to do so again if you have done this before in the past?

As well thought Id share this, also great in reference to the referral program if anyone is interested. Please let me know and I will send a referral invite to you.

12k for 5kum that's cool.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:19 pm

I noticed the videos have nor updated for me this week. Is anyone else noticing this? Anyone have any information or even shrewd guesses on what is going on?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Video points no longer credit if you're using a phone or tablet. But I've had no problem when using a desktop. tls
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mdovenmuehler
Just an update on this. They are doing it again threw the wheel of fortune, its 9500 points on a $9.99 bundle of tokens + ten spins. I believe you might have to check the rules if your eligible to do so again if you have done this before in the past?

As well thought Id share this, also great in reference to the referral program if anyone is interested. Please let me know and I will send a referral invite to you.

12k for 5kum that's cool.
So, part of the rules are that you also have to play 10 spins of wheel of fortune. Does anyone know what the exact details of that aspect are? There's like three or four different wheel of fortune games that I've found in this mess of a website. Does anyone know which Wheel of fortune game specifically works? And what constitutes a spin? Is it an actually just a spin?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Shagboy
I noticed the videos have nor updated for me this week. Is anyone else noticing this? Anyone have any information or even shrewd guesses on what is going on?
So, I've just been clicking on videos in the background on mute while I do my work on a desktop computer. It looks to me like so long as it's a new day, you'll get credit for clicking on videos that you've watched on previous days.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:41 pm

Thanks imant, I just tried watching a few reruns and I did get credit. Back to the reruns...
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Just a short rant. I have been trying to redeem points for weeks and weeks. The system tells me that they can't verify me. I fill out forms and eventually hear from CS. They tell me that I need to change the password of my email and they will give me further instruction. I write them that I am ready. Nothing comes for the longest time until I receive another email indicating that I should change my email. Rinse and repeat. I send my ticket number and ask what I can do. I receive a note from someone else with a new ticket number and asking me to change my password and request information on what to do next...on and on and on. I have gone from having a little over 6100 points to convert to Mileageplus miles to nearly having 12000. But, I can't redeem. Maybe some day...I will report
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
It does seem that MyPoints has problems with getting a "steady" videos provider...

They had AOL (Verizon's new pride and joy) which supplied their own media player and several video sources, including BuzzFeed and Reuters (the French news agency) that gave you some variety and the videos were fresh(ish), as in 2 days-1 week old .

But now they have to rely on smaller or less known sources (the only source retained from the AOL days is Wochit) + they've had to shuffle the categories (some videos are in the WRONG CATEGORIES) and the quality of the videos has suffered (Newsy's youngsters somehow seem they're still studying "communications" in college).

Now they haven't put ANY new videos since like Wednesday 10/9, but if you click on every video on your desktop (the only kind of computer access I have) they'll credit the points daily (seems to use the 0000 PDT or -7 [0300 EDT or -4] as their "end of the day").

Also MyPoints seems to have problem with their survey providers, since Ipsos Interactive services have become "unstable" for the last 3 weeks or so. Their surveys used to be "reliable" (as in it would search for a proper survey about 4-5 times max [you would most of the time get the 5 MyP's for "participation" (down from 10 until recently)] if you reach after which they got stuck, but after you reconnected through a link they'd give you the 5 MyP's.

Now IT'S A MESS how you get the Ipsos surveys to get back to MyPoints for the credit. It's a whole lot easier if you get a "Samplicio" or an "Opinions Now" survey, those redirect or go ahead to their surveys fast enough...
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Does anyone else have a 10 point limit for videos? Unlimited is gone for me. tls
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Does anyone else have a 10 point limit for videos? Unlimited is gone for me. tls
Mine still shows as Unlimited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.