Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
What's the big deal here? Wouldn't you just sign up when you back?
True. The United/MyPoints deal has been around for awhile you should be good just wanting.

You could also find a US Based Proxy server and do the sign up. Just do a search and dozens will pop up.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
What's the big deal here? Wouldn't you just sign up when you back?
I won't be back for well over a year. But I figured something out.

Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dioxide45
I just looked back for that one and see that I got an e-mail for it on 7/6. Of course this one requires a bigger spend. It looks like the Raid Max 128oz is about $16, with the $4 off it comes out to about $11. The Pledge only cost about $3.75 after coupon and taxes. THough if it is a product you needed anyway, then it is an easy 1000 points. Of course it only works if they have it in stock.
I didn't read too closely I guess and purchased the $7.97 Raid Max, which I assume isn't 128 oz. Faxed my receipt etc. last week and points have posted a-okay. I also received 2 e-mails for Pledge and when I was faxing my second receipt, noticed the words "points can only be earned once". Oops, well of the 3 I actually do use the Pledge.

Wasn't going to go for the Glade on its own, but then got the bonus e-mail and for 2,000 points couldn't resist. I might use the free candle. Anyone need oil plug-in's?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
I didn't read too closely I guess and purchased the $7.97 Raid Max, which I assume isn't 128 oz. Faxed my receipt etc. last week and points have posted a-okay. I also received 2 e-mails for Pledge and when I was faxing my second receipt, noticed the words "points can only be earned once". Oops, well of the 3 I actually do use the Pledge.

Wasn't going to go for the Glade on its own, but then got the bonus e-mail and for 2,000 points couldn't resist. I might use the free candle. Anyone need oil plug-in's?
From the price you quoted on the RaidMax, it looks like you bought the 30oz product. Interesting that they still gave the points since the offer requires the 128oz product. Did the coupon work on the product also, bringing your purchase price down to only $3.97?

For the Glade product, I actually just bought a Glade Plugins Scented Oil Warmer, which costs only $1.97. I couldn't use the coupon, but I will see if I still get the 1000 points. I haven't faxed the receipt in yet. The offer only indicated that one had to buy a Glade Plugins Scented Oil product. The coupon is there to get you to buy the featured product, but I see no reason why my purchase shouldn't qualify.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Yes the coupon worked on the smaller bottle, RaidMax. The Glade coupon was very hard for me to read (printed it 3 times), so did the best I could to decipher it.

Glad we can post here without getting admonished about MyPoints being of less value than other points/miles/cash back avenues. I typically use airline portals or cash back for online shopping but do like MyPoints for offers like this, Lancome, and the restaurant gift cards. Will redeem for Marriott gift cards and I am happy with MyPoints for that.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:05 am

Yes the coupon worked on the smaller bottle, RaidMax. The Glade coupon was very hard for me to read (printed it 3 times), so did the best I could to decipher it.

Glad we can post here without getting admonished about MyPoints being of less value than other points/miles/cash back avenues. I typically use airline portals or cash back for online shopping but do like MyPoints for offers like this, Lancome, and the restaurant gift cards. Will redeem for Marriott gift cards and I am happy with MyPoints for that.
I rarely buy anything through the MyPoints site. If we buy an Entertainment Book, we will go through MyPoints. I get most of the points from the 5 point click throughs and offers like this.

I was previously ignoring the surveys, but have started going in to those and have found that more times than not I do not qualify. Which is fine by me. I would rather have a quick 10 or 15 points instead of 50 points for 20 to 30 minutes of my time. I have found if you indicate that you "Prefer Not to Answer" for questions related to income or ethnicity, it usually ends up in not qualifying.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are fairly new to the MilagePlus program. What would those 5000 MP points be worth? I know that 10,000 can get a one way ticket in some cases. Would this be better than say a $75 gift card redemption that the same amount of points could get?
Miles do not have a "fixed" value per se.

How much "value" you can get from the miles depends on a lot of factors, your existing account balance, your travel patterns, and most importantly, how you normally use your miles - i.e. what is your goal in gathering miles.

For some of us, our miles dont go to "waste" for domestic coach redemption. They go to international long haul redemption in partner airlines' business or first class flights - The goal is not to save cash here and there on domestic travel, but to have a very nice travel experience that paying with real cash can be very expensive.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by balima
That is the only reward I redeem. It takes a few weeks in my experience, but I have never had an issue with redemption in the 6 times I have redeemed for United miles.
Thank you very much for the info. Good to know that while it is slow, you do not have to actually follow up.

Will update the thread with the final outcome.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:41 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
I didn't read too closely I guess and purchased the $7.97 Raid Max, which I assume isn't 128 oz. Faxed my receipt etc. last week and points have posted a-okay.
Thanks for the data point.

I was shocking able to find a Walmart employee working in the pesticide aisle, and asked him if Walmart stocked the 128oz Raid Max. His response was that Walmart didn't [he was in charge of stocking the Raid Max/pesticides].

So that's assuring to know it worked.

Anyone need oil plug-in's?
You might consider donating these to an area women's shelter or homeless shelter if no one wants them.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by Happy
Thank you very much for the info. Good to know that while it is slow, you do not have to actually follow up.

Will update the thread with the final outcome.
Happy - My experience with redeeming MyPoints for United Mileage Plus parallels that of balima: no issues, and no need to follow up, with mileage posting in a few weeks.

Since having headaches with the United Mileage Plus shopping mall, I treat MyPoints as my "work-around" MileagePlus earning mall.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
DW and I both submitted two receipts yesterday for purchases from the promo. Both of us received 6,000 points. Both of us are mystified. Neither of us is calling.

Mike
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:43 pm

Is anyone else having a problem getting their faxes to go through? I am having issues, it seems that there is a busy signal. I guess this has grown in popularity. It would have been better had they given us an e-mail address to send these to instead of arcane faxing.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Is anyone else having a problem getting their faxes to go through? I am having issues, it seems that there is a busy signal. I guess this has grown in popularity. It would have been better had they given us an e-mail address to send these to instead of arcane faxing.
I sent mine in about 3 hours ago and had no issue with the FAX going through. Now we'll wait and see if the points post properly (I did the all three for 4,000 mypoints).
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
DW and I both submitted two receipts yesterday for purchases from the promo. Both of us received 6,000 points. Both of us are mystified. Neither of us is calling.

Mike
Did you fax from the same fax machine? My DW and I also have an account, would there be any issue faxing documentation from the same fax number. I notice when you get the e-mail back confirming the points posting that it shows the fax number. I would expect an issue, but don't want to cause any issues posting the points.

Originally Posted by buddlakecoflyer
I sent mine in about 3 hours ago and had no issue with the FAX going through. Now we'll wait and see if the points post properly (I did the all three for 4,000 mypoints).
Thanks for the info. There appears to be two different phone numbers, one with an 800 area code, and another with a 415. I was getting busy on 415 many times. I tried the 800 even though it wasn't what was on the bottom of the Glade offer. I will see if the points post.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Miles do not have a "fixed" value per se.

How much "value" you can get from the miles depends on a lot of factors, your existing account balance, your travel patterns, and most importantly, how you normally use your miles - i.e. what is your goal in gathering miles.

For some of us, our miles dont go to "waste" for domestic coach redemption. They go to international long haul redemption in partner airlines' business or first class flights - The goal is not to save cash here and there on domestic travel, but to have a very nice travel experience that paying with real cash can be very expensive.
DW just got the UA MileagePlus Explorer card. We will probably use her MyPoints for the 5K Mileage Plus redemption and just use mine to turn in to gift cards at various restaurants that we visit while traveling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.