Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I'm new to these forums, so let me introduce myself. My name is Nick and I work for Bing as a community manager for their Rewards program. My job is make sure you all are happy with service, to get your product feedback to the right people, and to hopefully answer any questions you may have.

Does anyone use Bing Rewards? For those that don't know, Bing.com is Microsoft's decision engine. Bing has a special offer for users called Rewards. Simply sign-up, install the Bing Bar on your browser, and start earning points. http://www.bing.com/rewards/signup/segetstarted

If you are a Bing Rewards user, please let me know what you think of the service, good or bad. If not, I would love to have to give the offer a shot, and let me know what your thoughts.

Thanks,
Nick
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold, UA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Nick,

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I have been using Bing Rewards since it started last Fall. So far, overall, I have been pleased with the search tool itself, ease of earning points, and quick deposit of AA miles into my AAdvantage account (much quicker than the ridiculous 2+ months it takes for Club Bing mileage redemptions to post).

I would hope that as time goes on, the airline mileage rewards options would increase - both as to more airlines, and larger miles chunks.

All together though, I think you guys have done a pretty good job on this one!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Nick_Bing
I'm new to these forums, so let me introduce myself. My name is Nick and I work for Bing as a community manager for their Rewards program. My job is make sure you all are happy with service, to get your product feedback to the right people, and to hopefully answer any questions you may have.

Does anyone use Bing Rewards?
In case you miss it, there's a legend thread on Bing in SPAM Forum since 2008. You should be able to see quite a few Bing discussion there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...-airlines.html

Welcome to FT!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Angry

Bing sucks.....
My family has accounts and played for several years. We redeemed for miles which was fine. Last year we played all summer and ordered the inflatable bed and the tumi bag in October. Friends were coming in February and we needed the extra bed space. We waited, and waited. We still played. When I wrote to ask about the orders, I was told that sometime in the past one of us had used the same airline miles number for a redemption, so the orders had been canceled, as well as a Alaska Miles redemption that had been redeemed since. When I replied, I received no further communication. It was a retroactive penalty. Even though I was a big promoter of the games site for years as a great leisure time time waster, I as well as my other family members have not been to the site since, and do not use Bing for any searches, and even now use Firefox in order to not use Microsoft. Next I am buying an Ipad2 so that I further distance myself from the Microsoft and Bing Family. If we had been told of the duplicate miles problem and had the redemption canceled for that occasion it would have been fine, but to let us play on for months or years and then deny the redemption of the first physical items we ever earned sours us on the entire program.
JudyJFLA

PS. Bing.... Just another reason Microsoft stock continues to decline.....
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:36 am

Nick -- you'll hear a lot of complaints about Club Live/Club Bing here, but the toolbar and Bing Rewards is obviously different.

I like the toolbar and Bing. It's the one thing that made me realize Bing is a fast accurate search engine (and an acceptable substitute for google). I also like that the rewards (like Amazon.com codes) are sent within 2-3 days.

What I dont like: 1) limits on rewards (I think there's a limit of 3 redemptions for $5 Amazon.com codes); and 2) that the toolbar only works in IE. I know you guys have to promote IE, but people are going to use Firefox and Chrome whether you like it or not. Isn't it somewhat good for you if they use Bing as a search engine in the Firefox/Chrome browser?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:28 am

I would switch from searching with Google to Bing.
I would not switch from Firefox to IE however.

I would imagine the heaviest users of this tool would have their computer set up to be as efficient as possible.
Sadly, I would therefore also imagine those users are not using IE.
You are missing your biggest target audience by limiting the program. Add FF integration and it will really take off...
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:39 am
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by schooleydoo
I would switch from searching with Google to Bing.
I would not switch from Firefox to IE however.

I would imagine the heaviest users of this tool would have their computer set up to be as efficient as possible.
Sadly, I would therefore also imagine those users are not using IE.
You are missing your biggest target audience by limiting the program. Add FF integration and it will really take off...
I have to agree w/ you. I tried out the Bing bar with IE9. It's so slow compared to Firefox. I switched back after 2 days because I couldn't take the lag in IE9.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: PC
I don't like the fact that it does IP-checking...I have an US address in my Live ID, but can't get any rewards if trying to redeem from other countries...it doesn't even say it won't work, the points just get deducted and nothing else happens.

Support is also useless, as I e-mailed them about this and got absolutely no reply, I only realized that IP-checking was being done when my Xbox Rewards account started doing exactly the same thing.

I guess you are strictly interested in Ma & Pa accessing the Internet from their homestead in Kansas, the rest of the world does not exist
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: IHG; DL, JB, SW, UA, US, Ch, Crl, HzG, EmC, AmtGR regular; TSA Disp Tinfoil
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
PS. Bing.... Just another reason Microsoft stock continues to decline.....
Since 2002, Microsoft's stock price adjusted for splits has been pretty steady between $20 and $30, with one exception on each side. As much as I don't care for Microsoft, I have to acknowledge that their stock price is stable and not declining.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by lecter
I don't like the fact that it does IP-checking...I have an US address in my Live ID, but can't get any rewards if trying to redeem from other countries...it doesn't even say it won't work, the points just get deducted and nothing else happens.

Support is also useless, as I e-mailed them about this and got absolutely no reply, I only realized that IP-checking was being done when my Xbox Rewards account started doing exactly the same thing.

I guess you are strictly interested in Ma & Pa accessing the Internet from their homestead in Kansas, the rest of the world does not exist
I'm also very upset about the IP-checking. This is non-sense, as I am an American citizen living abroad with a permanent US address who uses Bing for my Internet searches like any other American would. I also redeemed rewards with the points being deducted and nothing happening. The points just disappeared magically, completely wasting my efforts. Microsoft apparently is not a company that can be trusted to follow through, as was consistently the case with Club Bing redemptions.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I'm a member of Club Bing, but haven't downloaded the toolbar. Are the rewards the same for both CB and toolbar? Do they combine points so that they get you to the rewards more quickly? Or do the points stay separate. Thx tls
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
OK, I read the T&C, and see that this is a separate Club Bing. But I've tried 5 or 6 times to download the toolbar, and I can't do it. It keeps timing out. I already have the USAirways toolbar on IE. Would this prevent me from downloading the Bing toolbar? tls
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thelostshark
OK, I read the T&C, and see that this is a separate Club Bing. But I've tried 5 or 6 times to download the toolbar, and I can't do it. It keeps timing out. I already have the USAirways toolbar on IE. Would this prevent me from downloading the Bing toolbar? tls
I tried a dozen times to download the toolbar and had the same problem, so I gave up. I even emailed about the problem through the Bing site and got a canned message that didn't address the problem. Then I gave it one more shot that evening, and it downloaded quickly. Go figure.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: AA mostly
I've been pleased with Bing Rewards so far. The toolbar seems to have changed a little bit in the past month or so - when I first started using it, my points wouldn't always accrue even though I had clicked on the links (for 6 or so points each). Now that the toolbar looks a little different, my points always add up as soon as I click. I recently redeemed my points for AA miles and they posted very quickly.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:33 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
This used to be a better program several months ago, but now the points awarded need a lot more searches. Plus as mentioned there are limits to how many of a given prize can be redeemed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.