FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1199688-bing-rewards-discussion-thread-no-referrals.html)

keegokid Aug 18, 2016 2:06 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 27081291)
I don't think so - look in the chart on the post above.

oh.....I'm glad I was wrong.

thelostshark Aug 18, 2016 6:46 am

If I read that chart correctly, because they're removing the approximately 10% reduction in points required for non-Microsoft products that Gold members get, it'll now take 100 more searches to get a $5 Amazon gift card. tls

FullTimeFlyer Aug 18, 2016 7:52 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark (Post 27082404)
If I read that chart correctly, because they're removing the approximately 10% reduction in points required for non-Microsoft products that Gold members get, it'll now take 100 more searches to get a $5 Amazon gift card. tls

Yup - a 10% devaluation for me, and Mrs. FTF, because we also use my Bing Rewards points for Amazon GCs. Not happy.

FTF

DrRodneyMcKay Aug 24, 2016 9:33 am

They have a huge number of things to click on today - at least 20! Nice bump in points!

diburning Aug 24, 2016 10:25 am

It appears to be a bug. If you click on one of the contest (no points) links, it will refresh and display a bunch of +1 point links that they should not be showing you yet, like Labor Day. The points post anyway, so I'm clicking them all!

DrRodneyMcKay Aug 24, 2016 10:28 am

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 27112778)
It appears to be a bug. If you click on one of the contest (no points) links, it will refresh and display a bunch of +1 point links that they should not be showing you yet, like Labor Day. The points post anyway, so I'm clicking them all!

not surprised Bing has a bug, but hey, I'll take it! If it saves me clicking three things a day for the next 10 days, I'm not complaining.

diburning Aug 24, 2016 10:49 am

And... it appears to have been fixed.

thelostshark Sep 1, 2016 9:08 am

The new system went live for me today. The devaluation has begun.

But at least they have double points on searches today. tls

diburning Sep 2, 2016 3:54 pm

They did not offer me the double points. Must be a targeted enhancement.

At least everything was multiplied x10 for point values, and no (further) devaluation via redemption rates have been observed. Anything that cost 525 points before costs 5250 points now. The status discount is gone (as mentioned before) and appears to be the only devaluation (so far)

thelostshark Sep 8, 2016 7:05 am

Another double search day, both PC and mobile. tls

thelostshark Oct 5, 2016 8:27 am

So I have a bonus opportunity this month. If I do 1500 searches, then I get 500 bonus points. But daily limits apply, so with 31 days in October, the maximum number of searches is 50 times 31, or 1550. They're not giving me much leeway.

I contacted them to see if the goal could be adjusted to a more realist number, and they said that daily limits might change in a random fashion, which I read to mean they might increase from 50 on random days. We shall see. tls

icurhere2 Nov 1, 2016 6:38 pm

There was a change I don't like in my dashboard tonight -- while there's an expanded offer for more hours this month (50 points per "Edge hour" for up to 60 hours), the Daily Search is down to 50 points/day with no option for mobile search. Hopefully this is just a temporary deviation ...

FullTimeFlyer Nov 2, 2016 6:15 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark (Post 27306045)
So I have a bonus opportunity this month. If I do 1500 searches, then I get 500 bonus points. But daily limits apply, so with 31 days in October, the maximum number of searches is 50 times 31, or 1550. They're not giving me much leeway.

I contacted them to see if the goal could be adjusted to a more realist number, and they said that daily limits might change in a random fashion, which I read to mean they might increase from 50 on random days. We shall see. tls

My wife got that, I didn't. She made all her searches and go the bonus (barely as tls calculated - with one day to spare but no bonus help with extra searches from them! I liked your theory but I guess they just like cutting it close!

FTF

FullTimeFlyer Nov 2, 2016 6:17 am

Originally Posted by icurhere2 (Post 27423779)
There was a change I don't like in my dashboard tonight -- while there's an expanded offer for more hours this month (50 points per "Edge hour" for up to 60 hours), the Daily Search is down to 50 points/day with no option for mobile search. Hopefully this is just a temporary deviation ...

Wow, that sucks. My dashboard and my wife's look normal, just to provide a data point, but of course that could change any day. You could try complaining but it seems when people do that they just get a non-response that they vary. Could be an experiment to see what you'll do. I know what I'd do - I'd be ticked off!

FTF

icurhere2 Nov 3, 2016 8:01 am

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 27425574)
Wow, that sucks. My dashboard and my wife's look normal, just to provide a data point, but of course that could change any day. You could try complaining but it seems when people do that they just get a non-response that they vary. Could be an experiment to see what you'll do. I know what I'd do - I'd be ticked off!

FTF

Back to "normal" today -- guess Bing noticed exactly 10 searches from me yesterday.