Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Groupon (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Groupon (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Groupon (Master Thread)

http://www.groupon.com

terms of the Aug 19th groupon Gap deal:
Offer valid from August 19, 2010 through November 19, 2010 in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) and Canada only at Gap stores. Not valid online or at Gap Outlet, Gap Factory Store or The Gap Generation stores. Valid at babyGap, KidsGap, and GapBody. Not valid on Keds® and Robeez®, or diaper bags and strollers at babyGap. Offer is good for one time use only and Groupon must be surrendered at time of in-store purchase. Discount applies to Gap merchandise only, not to GiftCards or applicable taxes. No adjustments on previous purchases. The value of the merchandise purchased must be at least $50. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, including Reward Cards and the Gap Inc. employee discount. If Groupon is not redeemed by the expiration date above, it may be redeemed for a $25 Gap GiftCard in U.S. and Canada Gap stores only. Not responsible for lost or stolen Groupons. Offer is not transferable. Cashiers: enter the code in the bottom-right corner of the Groupon.

Last edited by Kidz; Dec 13, 2010 at 3:19 pm
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:14 am

LOL

Groupon
We've got bad news and good news...

The bad news is that the site is currently unavailable because we are experiencing unusually high demand for today's GAP deal.

Thanks for your patience,
The Groupon Team
Old Aug 19, 2010, 1:33 pm

let's share the love: http://www.groupon.com/

Last edited by philemer; Nov 5, 2010 at 9:26 pm
Old Aug 20, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
I saw this one and I'm all over it! I love GROUPON!!!!!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:21 pm

NPR news story concerning the Gap/Groupon offer. Apparently it was a "test" for Groupon and the response was phenomenal. Several other large dept. stores have contacted Groupon since this ran, wondering how to get in on this type deal. Groupon has grown so fast, some of the "local" offers are overwhelming the businesses.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
I used this Groupon yesterday on a pair of $54 jeans at a local NYC Gap, and it was very nice to swipe my card for $4.54. Asked the cashier if they've had a lot of these, and he said "oooh yeah, a ton" so I'm sure it's going to happen again.

The great thing about this was that, unlike other 50% off coupons, this had almost no restrictions (the only ones being outlet stores and maybe Gap Baby or Gap Kids). As soon as they start attaching restrictions to coupons, they become very unappealing (a la Macy's).
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I don't shop at Gap, but know that I generated dozens of buys when I forwarded the email alert to family and friends. And they are glad! Not trivial that it came when school's starting. On the other hand, people are also glad that they don't have to use them during a chain's one-week sale.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
We're going to make this a Master Thread for all things Groupon. Thanks for participating in the S.P.A.M. forum.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Turkish Airlines Elite; Flying Blue Plat; Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Starwd/hilt GLD
$50 at Cafepress for only $25 with today's groupon :) 10-12-10 TODAY ONLY!!!

If you buy today's groupon at cafe press you get 50$ for only 25$... Use it to buy a Chicago DO shirt or other paraphernalia

You can get your Chicago DO Seminar logo stuff here:
http://www.cafepress.com/FTORD

This will essentially allow you to get next day shipping for free, and save you a bit more,,, so if you still want any of the logo'd merchandise it will arrive in time for the show

You may have to click on the sidebar to the "online deal" if you don't see it through the link.

Can't wait to meet everyone out at the seminar! I live in Chicago, but will be staying at the hotel Saturday night!

Last edited by Spiff; Jun 6, 2011 at 9:22 am Reason: remove referral link
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Moving to SPAM, the forum for freebies and coupons and discounts. Communitybuzz! is for forum meets and greets, not money off.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Sheraton Groupon

Groupon today in Washington for $79 for the Sheraton Reston (VA) including Breakfast for two - normally $168.95.here

The details:
Expires Apr 25, 2011
Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 4 per room. Reservation required; subject to availability. Valid Thurs.-Sun. nights only. Valid 7 days a week from 12/16/10 -1/2/11. Incidental charges made to the room not included.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:49 pm

Ft. Lauderdale Groupon

Great Deal Today Only -

$89 for a One-Night Stay at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Florida Hotel (Up To A $199 Value)

Please use my link if you want to take advantage of this or sign up for Ft. Lauderdale:

Last edited by philemer; Nov 3, 2010 at 9:02 pm Reason: referral link removed
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: United, SPG
15% Off Groupon By Using Your Discover Card

I was just looking through the Discover Website when I was paying off my bill and saw under ShopDiscover that they will give you 15% cashback if you click through them and use your Discover Card to purchase any Groupons. It is pretty good deal considering how many restaurants and other useless junk I buy every month through Groupon.

If you don't know what Groupon is, check it out below.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 3, 2010 at 9:00 pm Reason: referral link removed
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
http://www.groupon.com/pages/discover-card-terms

1.This Promotion starts 12:01 a.m. CDT on April 1, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on November 31, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”). Groupon reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend, suspend or terminate this Promotion at any time with or without notice.

2.This Promotion will apply only to purchases of Groupons for products and services in the following metropolitan markets (the “Markets”): Kansas City (Missouri), Columbus (Ohio), Chicago, Salt Lake City, Baltimore, District of Columbia, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Louisville, Houston, Austin, Denver, Dallas, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Omaha, Oklahoma City, New Orleans and Pittsburgh.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
$25 for $50 at Nordstrom Rack!

Current amazing deal for $25 gets you $50 at any Nordstrom Rack.

You can purchase this deal at Groupon until 11:00pm pst Monday, Nov 22, 2010.

Your coupon is good for use in store only and expires on 12-31-10.

Here's the link:

Last edited by philemer; Jan 25, 2011 at 10:18 am Reason: remove referral link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.