Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Groupon (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Groupon (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by sggolf
Has everyone been getting their airline miles for Groupon purchases? Mine came in like clockwork until the end of June. Now, I haven't gotten any UA miles since and have made several Groupon purchases.

Groupon says contact United and United states they want an email confirmation stating purchase. I haven't gotten a confirmation number or email that lists cost of purchase from Groupon.

Any advice or feedback? Is this happening to anyone else?
After 2 emails, only 1 of which got a response, my AA miles from May just posted. I sent in the information through the AA shopping portal site. The confirmation number is under the 'my stuff' then 'my groupons' tab.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:28 am

Groupon Monday!

UR is offering 20 extra points for every $1 spent on Groupons, today only. So if you get the $50 Groupon for American Apparel (worth $100) that's 1000 UR points. Any other good nationwide Groupons today?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: No preference
groupon for memphis, tn is a delta sky club single pass for $25 and a five visit pass for $89.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:20 am

I just cannot find anything usefull today
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:34 am

Does anyone know if I use Groupon gift card will that qualify me to earn points? OR I need to use the my Chase Sapphire card?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: No preference
AFAIK, you can use any card through the UR portal.

-Portal specifically says,

"Please note these terms & conditions:
Special increased earnings now through 11/14/2011! Not eligible on the purchase of gift cards, but eligible on purchases made with a gift card. Not eligible on orders using Groupon bucks or rewards."
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:47 am

Great deal, no hot deals to be had right now though.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, JetBlue Mosaic (sometimes)
Originally Posted by ordua
I just cannot find anything usefull today
Just today. I've been finding their offers are less interesting over time. If I see 1 a month I like, I am surprised. 12 visits to a local gym for $25 that usually costs ~$75 a month was good and half off massages can sometimes be worth it, but the restaurants they tout are often terrible deals to start with so the discount isn't so special.

The best Groupon deal may be puts on their stock, too bad other people have the same idea. Last I looked it cost over 4% to get a put that is over 20% out of the money.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Grrrrr, I just bought a Groupon for something for my wife yesterday via MR mall -- it was the best offer for me for 6x MR points. Today, this -- and the Groupon she wanted was available for another two days.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:05 pm

I've been looking forward to this bonus day for a while now thinking that Groupon might have some interesting deals but after looking for about 45 min I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I knew 20UR/$ was mostly too good to be true!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA
AmericanApparel isn't bad if you need some clothes.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
The best deal on Groupons is getting 15% cashback through the shopdiscover portal. Ofcourse you would need to use a Discover Card. The cashback has always posted within 4-5 days.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:50 pm

are you sure this is today only? I think I've seen this for at least a week now, but I may be wrong.

Last edited by mase; Nov 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Groupon/ Living Social monitoring

Which site do you use to monitor all deals? I currently use dealnews.com, but they don't have some major sites included.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by lavag
After 2 emails, only 1 of which got a response, my AA miles from May just posted. I sent in the information through the AA shopping portal site. The confirmation number is under the 'my stuff' then 'my groupons' tab.
Yeah, I also had difficulty getting my miles to post. First time making a groupon purchase via an airline portal, and only did it to keep my mileage acct active. After 2 emails to the airline, and almost 2 months after the purchase, the miles still haven't post. We'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.