FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Mr Rebates denying credit for HolidayInn/Sheraton AAA reservations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1078888-mr-rebates-denying-credit-holidayinn-sheraton-aaa-reservations.html)

SeeYa Apr 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Mr Rebates denying credit for HolidayInn/Sheraton AAA reservations

In the past, my Holiday Inn and Sheraton reservations with AAA rates would intermittently not post. :(
I would wait the requisite time, then use the site to report not receiving credit, and shortly after would receive a manual credit.
Lately, I would get the credit with the warning that the credit probably did not automatically post because of the usage of the AAA rate.

Today, my Holiday Inn reservation with an ENT rate, gotten using Holiday Inn's drop down window was completely denied. The cust service person claimed that Mr Rebates does not get credit for this, claiming that Entertainment Book gets this credit somehow. :rolleyes: This, to my mind, is complete bs, given that this is just another rate Holiday Inn offers, without the need for entering any coupons or codes.

Has anybody else experienced this, or am I the only unlucky one? :mad:

Is there any other rebates site, which does give credit for Sheraton and Holiday Inn reservations using AAA rates? I cannot even find another rebates site that gives credit for Starwood hotels reservations.

sc flier Apr 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by SeeYa (Post 13852987)
Is there any other rebates site, which does give credit for Sheraton and Holiday Inn reservations using AAA rates? I cannot even find another rebates site that gives credit for Starwood hotels reservations.

The list of companies found on many of the cash-back website companies can be traced to a common marketing company: Commission Junction. My understanding is that MrRebates.com and UPromise.com get many of their vendors through CJ's program.

Commission Junction's terms for Sheraton referrals include the following:

A “Qualifying Transaction” occurs when a Visitor of an Authorized Web Site follows a Link to a SHERATON Web Site and within the authorized reference window as set forth in the program Term that Visitor makes a reservation for a Commissionable Room at a SHERATON hotel on the SHERATON Web Site that is consumed. “Commissionable Room” is a room made available for sale on the SHERATON Web Site to the general public, and does not include rooms made available at corporate rates or that require qualified proof of membership in a specific third-party company or organization.
That would seem to include AAA and AARP. The odd thing about this, though, is that Sheraton offers commissionable AAA and AARP referral links to its Commission Junction marketers!

SeeYa Apr 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Thank You

sc flier, thank you very much for the info. ^
At least this explanation makes much more sense. Is there any way to check on the terms for Intercontinental/HolidayInn referrals? (or any other vendor, for that matter)
I've tried to navigate thru the Commision Junction website, but what you have revealed above seems to be cleverly hidden from the novice seeker.

izzik Apr 27, 2010 4:03 pm

updated: mypoints doesn't do starwood anymore. boo!

sc flier Apr 28, 2010 6:05 am

Originally Posted by SeeYa (Post 13854550)
Is there any way to check on the terms for Intercontinental/HolidayInn referrals? (or any other vendor, for that matter)

Their terms on cj.com are also found on their own website's pages for affliates.
Direct link to affliate T&Cs.

I've tried to navigate thru the Commision Junction website, but what you have revealed above seems to be cleverly hidden from the novice seeker.
Registered CJ.com clients can search advertisers by clicking on the "Get Links" tab. Search for an advertiser, click on the name, and read their program terms. Some advertisers have few details, and some (like Starwood and ICHotels) have another link to extensive T&Cs.

nic3456 May 7, 2010 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SeeYa (Post 13852987)
In the past, my Holiday Inn and Sheraton reservations with AAA rates would intermittently not post. :(
I would wait the requisite time, then use the site to report not receiving credit, and shortly after would receive a manual credit.
Lately, I would get the credit with the warning that the credit probably did not automatically post because of the usage of the AAA rate.

Today, my Holiday Inn reservation with an ENT rate, gotten using Holiday Inn's drop down window was completely denied. The cust service person claimed that Mr Rebates does not get credit for this, claiming that Entertainment Book gets this credit somehow. :rolleyes: This, to my mind, is complete bs, given that this is just another rate Holiday Inn offers, without the need for entering any coupons or codes.

Has anybody else experienced this, or am I the only unlucky one? :mad:

Thanks, that clarifies it for me too. I've also noticed Mr Rebates has been cracking down a lot more on using coupons found outside of their website.

cvfd1607 Jun 16, 2010 5:23 pm

I got credit for 2 nights using the Friends and Family Rate.