Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Any full list of ways to get points/miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

there is points.com, e-rewards, e-miles, swagbucks, any others?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by nalle
there is points.com, e-rewards, e-miles, swagbucks, any others?
Maybe www.flyertalk.com/forum?

There are so MANY. For hotels and airlines, look under Hotel Programs Forum and Airline Programs Forum. MilesBuzz! gives you the headsup of FFP buzz. You've found SPAM, covering Sites with Points and Alternative Miles (MyCokeRewards, for example).

There are also some personal website/blogs of FTers that give great tips and have been mentioned in recent threads in MilesBuzz! as well. Not sure what you are aiming for, but everyone has different interests and goals. If you look hard enough on FT, you should find what you need.

Last edited by lin821; Apr 22, 2010 at 2:48 pm Reason: adding MCR link
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lin821
Maybe www.flyertalk.com/forum?

There are so MANY. For hotels and airlines, look under Hotel Programs Forum and Airline Programs Forum. MilesBuzz! gives you the headsup of FFP buzz. You've found SPAM, covering Sites with Points and Alternative Miles (MyCokeRewards for example).

There are also some personal website/blogs of FTers that give great tips and have been mentioned in recent threads in MilesBuzz! as well. Not sure what you are aiming for, but everyone has different interests and goals. If you look hard enough on FT, you should find what you need.
I have been searching, i'm not looking for airline og hotel programs, but for programs to get miles/points without staying/flying....
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:06 pm

do you mean something like mypoints.com?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imants
do you mean something like mypoints.com?

YES thank you, others?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by nalle
I have been searching, i'm not looking for airline og hotel programs, but for programs to get miles/points without staying/flying....
Obviously you haven't looked at all the possible places on FT.

Folks are getting points/miles from credit cards as well. Some are getting miles from eating out. Dry clearning promotion via ThanksAgain used to get folks Delta and Delta miles. Rental cars offer miles/points too. OpinionPlace gives you AA miles. Earning points/miles by purchases via airline portals/mall is another popular route for FTers to pocket bonus miles, especially during holidays. Just naming a few. None of the above requires flying nor staying at hotels.

Like I said, everyone has their own goals and needs. And on different budget too. You haven't even specified what kind of points or miles you are after. Say if you are after Amazon points, folks probably have different suggestions for you. It's just impossible to have a master comprehensive cheatsheet to cover all the ways to get miles/points. Not to mention every now and then, airlines and hotels will run special promotions such as playing games (Delta) or sweepstakes (AA). There's no way to know those freebies before hand. If there were ever a full list of ways to get points/miles, FT wouldn't be such an informative and big site as it is today.

Search is a good starting point. But by using search alone won't get you too far, if you don't know what/how to search. You have to research. Dive in and find the tips that suit your travel pattern and life style. Read as many threads as humanly possible on FT. @:-)

See how much info pgary's website provides when he answered your other thread? Have you checked out his site yet? His site is very informative and you will definitely learn a trick a two to get extra miles/points from his sharing.

However, if your idea is about getting miles/points for free, well, I am afraid I have to disappoint you. There aren't that many programs/sites. The economy can't offer that much free lunch no more. For instance, the survey invites from e-Rewards are dropping significantly since 2008. Even when you do have all the free time in the whole world, if there's no opportunity to knock on your door, you have nothing to earn.

You do have to take time learning about FT and know where & how to get info in different fora. All of these are published on FT. Some newbies are fast learners. You are your own master and can set the pace for yourself. You'll develop a list of your own that fits you eventually. Good luck!

ps. You put Points.com in the same group as e-Rewards, e-Miles & swagbucks. FWIW, Points.com operates in a very different way from other programs covered in SPAM Forum. You should spend more time learning about these programs.

Last edited by lin821; Apr 23, 2010 at 3:06 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
If you are short on money and long on time, here's something that may be of interest to you:

http://www.clubbing.com/Pages/Home/HomePage.aspx

Just don't count on any airline miles posting to your account for 3 to 4 months after redemption. And you are limited to one type of redemption (500-mile award, 1000-mile award, etc.) for the life of your Club Bing account at the moment.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:37 pm

a few options

start with the site of the company...ie delta and continental have a tab under their FF programs on their homepage called "earn miles" this shows all the ways you can earn miles through their affiliated partners. you can also check out these sites: http://www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/
http://www.milemaven.com/ they have good lists for whatever points your interested in.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:51 am

What about webflyer.com? There are non flying bonuses listed.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:07 pm

I've been finding new and innovative (to me) ways of using my BA credit card.

The property taxes on my home came due this month. Rather than pay them directly from my checking account in two payments, as I have done for many years, I paid a small fee to put them on the CC. With the BA/Chase triple miles promotion for which I was targeted for Sept/Oct, the cost of the fee to me was .6 of a cent per mile. Given that my redemption return usually runs anywhere from 2 to 3.5 cents per mile, it seemed like a no-brainer.

I'd been paying cash for my car and homeowners insurance for years. Nowhere on the annual statement or on the website of my insurance carrier does it indicate that credit cards are accepted. But if you call in to make a payment over the phone, VISA is cheerfully accepted, and at no fee.

My family spends $300 or so a month at Costco. I don't have an AMEX card, and Costco does not accept VISA. But they will accept their own gift cards, available at costco.com, which DOES accept VISA. More miles.

There are a lot of miles out there if you're willing to search for them.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:47 pm
Original Member

Perhaps my website below is what you are looking for.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:33 am

Legionaire,
Thanks for the idea on the car payments. I just bought an Audi and am going to see if they'll take my SPG Amex for the next payment. That'd be a ton of points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.