Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

25% bing cashback at stubhub.com

25% bing cashback at stubhub.com

Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yeah, drugstore.com is back @ 25% too. Good to see they are running another special before they close the doors
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:06 pm

frangrancenet.com had 50% bing cashback yesterday. Not sure if its still going on though.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I just noticed that people are selling gift cards to stores like Walmart on eBay for more than the value of the gift card promoting the Bing cashback people can get from buying the card.

I thought this could be a great (although short lived) opportunity to pick up some miles. I was thinking I could buy some $500 Walmart gift cards and sell them for $525-$530. However, unless I'm figuring something wrong, the eBay fees would be about $30 & the PayPal fees would be $15. So that makes the cost $45 to sell each card.

I've come across several people who have sold 10-15 $500 cards for $535. Not sure if this will work but here's a list of recently completed listings: http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.htm...c0.m283&_rdc=1

I'd love to do this 20 times to pick up a quick 10,000 miles but seems like it would end up costing me at least $10 per auction to do that. Am I missing something? Are these people somehow buying for less than their value?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jw713
I just noticed that people are selling gift cards to stores like Walmart on eBay for more than the value of the gift card promoting the Bing cashback people can get from buying the card.

I thought this could be a great (although short lived) opportunity to pick up some miles. I was thinking I could buy some $500 Walmart gift cards and sell them for $525-$530. However, unless I'm figuring something wrong, the eBay fees would be about $30 & the PayPal fees would be $15. So that makes the cost $45 to sell each card.

I've come across several people who have sold 10-15 $500 cards for $535. Not sure if this will work but here's a list of recently completed listings: http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.htm...c0.m283&_rdc=1

I'd love to do this 20 times to pick up a quick 10,000 miles but seems like it would end up costing me at least $10 per auction to do that. Am I missing something? Are these people somehow buying for less than their value?
caveat, they are excluding such items from cashback, this only worked in the early days.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 335i
frangrancenet.com had 50% bing cashback yesterday. Not sure if its still going on though.
where did you find this? codeword or through the cashback part of the site? I can't find anything right now.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
caveat, they are excluding such items from cashback, this only worked in the early days.
I know they exclude gift cards from cashback on retail sites, but you're saying they do on ebay too?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Not sure what your guys experience with Bing is but I'm not pleased by their services.

Last year I bought during a 50% off Promotion some very expensive (authentic) watches at thewatchery.com ! First off the Promo ended after just 2 days "due to high demand" without prior notice. The Cashback should have been processed after 8 weeks, however 7 days before that I recieved an email from Bing saying they had a Computer error and it would be newly posted to my account - with another 8 week waiting period !

We are not talking peanuts here, let me assure you that and the money was accounted for.

Bing replied with a standard email referring to thei T&C. Thats it.

Never again for me. Fatwallet might not be the greatest but I never had many issues !
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Fatwallet might not be the greatest but I never had many issues !
...and TIM (FW Chief Muckety Muck) thanks you for your patronage and free plug here.

I prefer Mrrebates.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:39 pm

I just bought a couple gift cards on ebay and the money hit my cash back account immediately. That never happened with any other cash back purchases, which is nice.

I'm planning on buying a few thousand in gift cards for stores I spend a lot at. I'll save some money and will get the miles now vs. later.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:24 am

Yup, fatwallet works the best. you still have to wait 90 days to get it though, also you can set it up to do direct deposit to your bank account instead of Paypal if you want.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
Buying gift cards on eBay with Buy it Now still pays you Bing Cash Back. I recently had a 12k new roof put on my house. Using Bing to buy Lowes Gift Cards on ebay I pocketed a lot of the money for the roof. The bing cash back was different while I was buying them but always at least 8%. I also earned 2% in eBay bucks.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Not sure what your guys experience with Bing is but I'm not pleased by their services.

Last year I bought during a 50% off Promotion some very expensive (authentic) watches at thewatchery.com ! First off the Promo ended after just 2 days "due to high demand" without prior notice. The Cashback should have been processed after 8 weeks, however 7 days before that I recieved an email from Bing saying they had a Computer error and it would be newly posted to my account - with another 8 week waiting period !

We are not talking peanuts here, let me assure you that and the money was accounted for.

Bing replied with a standard email referring to thei T&C. Thats it.

Never again for me. Fatwallet might not be the greatest but I never had many issues !
I used the same promo and got the 50% w/o any problems
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jw713
I just bought a couple gift cards on ebay and the money hit my cash back account immediately. That never happened with any other cash back purchases, which is nice.

I'm planning on buying a few thousand in gift cards for stores I spend a lot at. I'll save some money and will get the miles now vs. later.
I am not saying you won't get it, it's like using coupons with bing cashback ... it's a gamble. Sure 11% cashback on GCs is nice, but to the best of my knowledge they are now technically excluded.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:39 am

I am not saying you won't get it, it's like using coupons with bing cashback ... it's a gamble. Sure 11% cashback on GCs is nice, but to the best of my knowledge they are now technically excluded.
That's not how I read the T&C --

http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
Purchases on eBay.com of gift certificates, gift cards and items acquired for resale will be eligible for Cashback Rewards. eBay may permit you to combine Cashback Rewards with other eBay promotions, coupons, or gift certificates. With the exception of eBay promotions, coupons and gift certificates, Cashback Rewards cannot be combined with any other offer on purchases on www.eBay.com
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
That's not how I read the T&C --

http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
Purchases on eBay.com of gift certificates, gift cards and items acquired for resale will be eligible for Cashback Rewards. eBay may permit you to combine Cashback Rewards with other eBay promotions, coupons, or gift certificates. With the exception of eBay promotions, coupons and gift certificates, Cashback Rewards cannot be combined with any other offer on purchases on www.eBay.com
You are right! I stand corrected! Last year when cashback was as high as 20-25% I checked and it wasn't allowed. They must have changed it since ... good to know! Thanks for correcting me, I should have checked the T&Cs again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.