FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ryanair (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ryanair-776/)
-   -   RyanAir = UselessAir (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ryanair/1674314-ryanair-uselessair.html)

leeky Apr 22, 2015 9:49 pm

RyanAir = UselessAir

:mad:Bought Ryanair tickets from Cork to Gatwick last September. Billed to my credit card and paid. Tried to print out itinerary and was told can’t as I owe money. Used their Internet talk to agent who says I never paid so my ticket CXLed. Tried to rebook but after 9-attempts all failures as now they say my credit card not accepted. Called my bank – no hits so once again these thieves can’t get their act together. What a waste! Went ahead and bought flights on AerLingus without any problems using the same credit card denied by RyanAir. Will now dispute the September charge by these incompetents.
Lesson learned – never use RyanAir if there are any alternatives

craigthemif Apr 23, 2015 1:19 am

Consider yourself fortunate that you did not give Ryanair any money before coming to the same realisation as most travellers... "never again"...

MSPeconomist Apr 23, 2015 1:26 am

US Air = Useless Air, as far back as at least the early 1970s.

leeky Apr 23, 2015 2:41 am

my credit card was billed back in September........... the payment Useless Air now says I never made!

I thought "never again" was the old SABENA Airlines!?

so Useless, please start services to the US as the day afterwards you'll find yourself hereinafter termed Defendant in a class action Federal lawsuit

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 24707387)
Consider yourself fortunate that you did not give Ryanair any money before coming to the same realisation as most travellers... "never again"...

leeky Apr 23, 2015 2:43 am

never had the displeasure of flying on Useless Air #1, but there's always room for Useless Air #2 :D

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 24707405)
US Air = Useless Air, as far back as at least the early 1970s.

cfischer Apr 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by leeky (Post 24707578)
my credit card was billed back in September........... the payment Useless Air now says I never made!

I thought "never again" was the old SABENA Airlines!?

so Useless, please start services to the US as the day afterwards you'll find yourself hereinafter termed Defendant in a class action Federal lawsuit

if they charged you credit card then I would take action. Ticket issues and credit card charged is a binding contract. Write to the national enforcement bodies to get this resolved.

abari Apr 24, 2015 7:41 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 24711887)
if they charged you credit card then I would take action. Ticket issues and credit card charged is a binding contract. Write to the national enforcement bodies to get this resolved.

I'd call the credit card company and tell them that you tried to board the flight you paid for and was told that you never paid.. It's a long way back but they might be able to reverse the charges so you can at least get your money back.

Eryeal Apr 24, 2015 9:46 am

Originally Posted by leeky (Post 24706814)
:mad:Bought Ryanair tickets from Cork to Gatwick last September. Billed to my credit card and paid. Tried to print out itinerary and was told can’t as I owe money. Used their Internet talk to agent who says I never paid so my ticket CXLed. Tried to rebook but after 9-attempts all failures as now they say my credit card not accepted. Called my bank – no hits so once again these thieves can’t get their act together. What a waste! Went ahead and bought flights on AerLingus without any problems using the same credit card denied by RyanAir. Will now dispute the September charge by these incompetents.
Lesson learned – never use RyanAir if there are any alternatives

Did you save your confirmation email when you paid? If you never got one, most likely there was some issue with their system.

Parikh1234 Apr 24, 2015 10:18 am

Holy Crap! This happened to me yesterday!!! I was flying from Stansted UK to Valencia Spain. I got there about 1.5 hours before having checked in online. The kiosk wouldnt let me print it out and the mobile app didnt work. I had to pay 15 pounds to get a printed ticket. There was no physical way to board my plane without paying them money!

Never again. I wrote an email to my entire company forbidding anyone to use Ryanair for travel. Going forward all expenses submitted on Ryanair will be denied. We are not a huge company, but with offices in the UK and Spain, we used them fairly frequently.

Spoddy Apr 24, 2015 11:02 am

Assuming you're in the UK. Take all your documentation and bring it to the small claim court, also assuming your credit card doesn't refund you the money.

Clearly a breach of contract, as they've taken your money and denied you the services you paid for.

callum9999 Apr 24, 2015 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Parikh1234 (Post 24714703)
Holy Crap! This happened to me yesterday!!! I was flying from Stansted UK to Valencia Spain. I got there about 1.5 hours before having checked in online. The kiosk wouldnt let me print it out and the mobile app didnt work. I had to pay 15 pounds to get a printed ticket. There was no physical way to board my plane without paying them money!

Never again. I wrote an email to my entire company forbidding anyone to use Ryanair for travel. Going forward all expenses submitted on Ryanair will be denied. We are not a huge company, but with offices in the UK and Spain, we used them fairly frequently.

What a brilliant solution... Ryanair doesn't notice anything has happened yet your staff are now forced to take inconvenient (why else would they be using them!) flights for the rest of their careers. I'm sure they're thrilled.

Parikh1234 Apr 24, 2015 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Spoddy (Post 24714933)
Assuming you're in the UK. Take all your documentation and bring it to the small claim court, also assuming your credit card doesn't refund you the money.

Clearly a breach of contract, as they've taken your money and denied you the services you paid for.

Is this even possible. We have a legal team that sits around anyway and does nothing. I am sure their contract has fine print for this as they probably get taken to small claims court all the time.

Parikh1234 Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am

Originally Posted by callum9999 (Post 24714938)
What a brilliant solution... Ryanair doesn't notice anything has happened yet your staff are now forced to take inconvenient (why else would they be using them!) flights for the rest of their careers. I'm sure they're thrilled.

We built this company on treating our customers in a fair manner. We dont deal with companies like Ryanair even if it means being inconvenienced. We actually turn down working with companies whos philosophy we do not believe in. I did some basic google searches and it seems like their CEO is a total prick as well.

Sometimes taking the high road is not as easy as it sounds.

irishguy28 Apr 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Parikh1234 (Post 24714703)

Then you are likely to be presiding over a huge increase in travel expenses. Particularly on that route.

Ryanair doesn't have kiosks - so you didn't follow the rules, and paid (the now much-reduced) airport check-in fee.

But of course it's not your fault!!!

Oaxaca Apr 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Spoddy (Post 24714933)

Originally Posted by Parikh1234 (Post 24714951)
Is this even possible. We have a legal team that sits around anyway and does nothing. I am sure their contract has fine print for this as they probably get taken to small claims court all the time.

I could be wrong, but I think Spoddy's post was aimed at the OP, not yours, as they say they actually had their card charged for a booking that was cancelled or never actually confirmed.

Your case, I'm afraid to say, has a familiar ring of someone who didn't check Ryanair's terms in full before travelling, and they do enforce them brutally. As pointed out above, they don't have kiosks. I've never had problems with their app, but I have actually used it to check in when getting the BP on it, sounds like you checked in online but didn't print the BP. I don't know if you can get the BP on the app if you don't use it for checking in. As also pointed out, the GBP 15 fee is way lower than it used to be.

I've seen a lot of this kind of post about FR on various consumer forums, and in many cases it was "user error" (failing to read and follow the terms in full). Maybe not in your case and you were just unlucky. If it's your company, you do of course have the right to set your travel policy, but if your staff were travelling successfully on FR, you might ask yourself (or them) how they managed it...