Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with Ryanair's website? Can't book flights.

Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:16 am
Original Poster

I tried to book some flights earlier this week, after the payment screen I didn't get a confirmation (just my itinerary on the right of the screen with a large white blank space to the left).

Same thing just happened (different day, different computer, different browser). This time I also got a weird blank screen halfway through the booking process too (but started again).

Anyone else getting this? Anyway of letting Ryanair know they're failing to take my money (other than calling their expensive customer service numbers or faxing them in Ireland?).
Old Jun 10, 2012, 6:28 am

You could try calling them via their head office number in Dublin - +353 1812 1212. From the UK use a call-through service such as Planet Talk Instand which costs 0.5p a minute.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: HH Gold & bunch of mainly useless other bits of plastic
I can't check in for a flight on 20/6. Get so far then it keeps telling me an error has occurred.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

What's your browser / OS Cavman? I saw something on Twitter saying that only WinXP with IE8 was working for one guy...
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:27 am

Same thing here. After clicking "Purchase Now", a new window appeared and says that my "session is locked". So I tried and search in the F.A.Q. section in Ryanair website and it says the error occurred due to
1) I have more then 2 browsers that is opened during payment process
2) There is a delay with the bank making payment and I should wait 20 minutes

So I tried to close everything and waited for 20 minutes but still no email or anything. So I try to purchase again but the same thing happen. I have even tried on a different computer but with no result as well.

Anyone in the world manage to book a ticket from Ryanair website?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:36 am
Original Poster

What OS / Browser are you using, kfreak?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by kfreak
Same thing here. After clicking "Purchase Now", a new window appeared and says that my "session is locked". So I tried and search in the F.A.Q. section in Ryanair website and it says the error occurred due to
1) I have more then 2 browsers that is opened during payment process
2) There is a delay with the bank making payment and I should wait 20 minutes

So I tried to close everything and waited for 20 minutes but still no email or anything. So I try to purchase again but the same thing happen. I have even tried on a different computer but with no result as well.

Anyone in the world manage to book a ticket from Ryanair website?
I have had this 'session is locked' error a few times. Its always been OK after clearing my cache and trying again.

It seems to be a frequent problem though

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/...e-payment-page
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the cache clearing tip, Circumknowitall. Having read a couple of things, only having one browser open, only having one window/tab of that browser open, and having cleared the cache, my booking went through ok.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:31 am

Question Having trouble trying to book

I can't log into ryanair it keeps saying put in departure date when l do it says the same put in departure date over and over again
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I just tried with Chrome and have no problems, try with another web browser maybe
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:47 am

I signed up this website specifically to reply to this question. Cause I myself experience this frustration for days.
I knew it's possible to buy tickets from Ryanair because I did it 1 month ago without any trouble.
Then I tried to book a long distant flight at home and it doesn't work. The website kept showing "Contact Info missing" or "Payment Error"
I tried different credit cards, different computers. Nothing works.
Then I went back to use the computer I used 1 month ago and with Mozilla Firefox, still fail. Until I tried Google Chrome, I finally got my tickets. 10 minutes ago!!!Yeah!!!
So the trick is you need to stick to Google Chrome, try on different computers, finally you will get one works. Good luck guys!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I just had the same problem, had to book a flight in emergency (the flight leaves in about 11 hours, and the phone lines are not open right now).

I tried Chrome, Firefox, different computers and different payment cards and th payment still failed.
Finally I tried with Internet explorer with the card that I used first, and logging in to my session on their site, and the payment just went through.

I really don't understand why all of this is even an issue, but I am glad that it got sorted in time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.