Trans-Siberian Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trans-Siberian Express

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I was in a Borders bookstore in NYC the other day (had a 20% off coupon in my hand plus a gift card with a balance remaining on it). I was browsing the foreign travel section, and the books on the Trans-Siberian Railway caught my eye -- both of them, Bryn Thomas' and LP's. I bought them both and now have in mind to do a trip sometime next year.

I think I would want to spend four weeks minimum, maybe six. I've never been to Russia at all, so would want to spend at least a few days in Moscow and a few in St. Petersburg before commencing the actual trans-Siberian journey. I think I'm most interested in the Mongolian branch, ending in Beijing. I've been to China quite a bit (including Beijing), but wouldn't mind ending there, especially as it's a convenient onward transit point (to China, Japan, or US).

By the way, I just checked and both the LP book and the Thomas book are available on amazon.com, at discounted prices. (Looks like bn.com just has them at list price.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.