Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

St. Petersburg Hotel recommendations?

Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist

Heading to St. Petersburg in June on a 4 day weekend with my wife. Any thoughts about where to stay? I'm mostly a Hyatt/Marriott person but Hyatt has no options and the Marriotts seem pedestrian, nothing more aspirational. There is an Indigo that looks nice (we stayed at the Indigo in Rome and really liked it) but the "premier" hotels seem to be the Four Seasons (too rich for my blood), the Astoria, or the Belmond. At least those are the ones that participate in the Visa and Mastercard Fine Hotels programs, so can get breakfast included and possibly room upgrades. Open to recommendations. Thanks for any input. Now, time to get started on the visa application...
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Five days and no responses?? Please, I'm sure someone here has an opinion. Unless coronavirus renders this all moot.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Try So / Sofitel. If it looks expensive you can try Crown Plaza Logovsky or Novotel.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by pubsmeister
Heading to St. Petersburg in June on a 4 day weekend with my wife. Any thoughts about where to stay? I'm mostly a Hyatt/Marriott person but Hyatt has no options and the Marriotts seem pedestrian, nothing more aspirational...
Folks looking for something flashy or aspirational, often go for Hotel Europe (recently reflagged). I also liked one suggestion from the previous poster -- Novotel on Mayakovskaya, with more modern decor, but on a quieter street a few blocks from the embassy row.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.