Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Legal amount of ca$h a person can bring into Russia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I know it must be < $10K or else you have to declare the amount when leaving the US, but have no idea what if any limit there is to bring into Russia

I was asked by a trusted friend to take < $10K to his family in a 3rd country, I will be connecting in SVO (w/o a Visa and no plans to enter Russia). The reason for my question is should I misconnect I will then have to wait over 24 hrs before I can continue onward, and most likely will enter Russia as a tourist (dont ask how its not important), I just dont want to have more USD on me then what is legal to enter with, and then who knows how long I will be detained or if that will KO my ever getting a Visa to enter.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you looked at Russian embassy/consulate websites (which aren't always up to date regarding visa procedures)? How about the USA State Department website that gives information for USA citizens planning to visit various countries?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you looked at Russian embassy/consulate websites (which aren't always up to date regarding visa procedures)? How about the USA State Department website that gives information for USA citizens planning to visit various countries?

USSD.gov was useless, good on the returning part thou. Did a Google old info but enough that I decided to pass, once I read over $3K you have to Declare it going in and back out, It would be way too time consuming, and cant chance it and if we are being granted entry as a favor well I would want to stick with the group and having to go thru the Red Line will all but kill taht
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Federal customs service
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:13 pm

Anything under $10,000 is totally ok!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.