Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Khabarovsk: Has Anyone Been There?

Old Aug 11, 19, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Would like to know if anyone on here has been Khabraovsk. How does it compare to Kazan and Moscow? Thanks for any insight, perspective on Khabarovsk!
Old Aug 13, 19, 6:42 am

I've been to all three cities, but it's maaany years ago since I was in Khabarovsk. It has probably changed a lot since then. Summers were unbearably hot and humid, with hoards of insects. Winter temperatures seldom go below 20-25, but the wind chill can make it feel much colder. Spring can be very dirty when all the snow melts. The best periods are probably late spring or fall, although I saw lots of nice ice scupltures there in winter.

To me as a European, it's much more exotic than e.g. Moscow. There are lots of Chinese and Koreans in the city, and there are Chinese markets. I was mostly working so had little time for sightseeing.
Old Aug 14, 19, 9:14 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Originally Posted by RedChili View Post

To me as a European, it's much more exotic than e.g. Moscow. There are lots of Chinese and Koreans in the city, and there are Chinese markets. I was mostly working so had little time for sightseeing.
That's amusing. Aren't many parts of Europe overrun with the above "exotics?"

Moscow will take those, and add Tajiks, Kyrgyz, Cubans, etc...in addition to other visitors.
:D! likes this.