New Terminal C1 at SVO opens 15 Jan 2020

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:12 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AF/KL Gold (ST EP), IHG Plat, ex-AB Gold, Avis President's Club
New Terminal C1 at SVO opens 15 Jan 2020

Hi everybody,

news are reporting (please google for it, I don't have 5 posts yet), that on Jan 15th, 2020 the new Terminal C1 at SVO is opening.

I was wondering, if anyone knew, which flights will be transferred to C1. The news report, it will be international ones.

I have a flight a few days later from PVG to SXF via SVO, and I am wondering if I could be "lucky" to see the new Terminal. I hope they have more than two security lines for transit there ...

Cheers, Joerch
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Originally Posted by Joerch
Hi everybody,

news are reporting (please google for it, I don't have 5 posts yet), that on Jan 15th, 2020 the new Terminal C1 at SVO is opening.

I was wondering, if anyone knew, which flights will be transferred to C1. The news report, it will be international ones.

I have a flight a few days later from PVG to SXF via SVO, and I am wondering if I could be "lucky" to see the new Terminal. I hope they have more than two security lines for transit there ...

Cheers, Joerch
All Aeroflot international flights will be transferred there. I don't think anyone can tell you what particular flights will be served there on the day you are traveling.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Joerch
Hi everybody,

Cheers, Joerch
Please do report back on your experiences here if your January travels will indeed go through the new terminal.

I'm very curious about the whole transit experience and any SU lounge(s) there, and I'm sure any first person accounts of it would be of immense help to us here on the forum.

I do like flying SU as Aeroflot has a great in-flight product in both economy and business class. However, I always found the SVO transit to be subpar at best and at times even downright awful, with long queues everywhere and overcrowded lounges which wouldn't be worth writing home about even if they would be more empty. I hope the new terminal will improve things.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:33 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I do like flying SU as Aeroflot has a great in-flight product in both economy and business class. However, I always found the SVO transit to be subpar at best and at times even downright awful, with long queues everywhere and overcrowded lounges which wouldn't be worth writing home about even if they would be more empty. I hope the new terminal will improve things.
Fully agree. Personally, I like SU Premium Eco being one of the best deals traveling between Asia and Europe - But transiting in SVO is really off putting. Lounge wise, if I have enough time, I always make my way to Terminal E, which is usually not so crowded. Quality of the lounge is IMHO above average. But having said that this, it is probably because of not exactly being spoiled lounge wise on my many China trips.

If I am lucky enough to experience Terminal C international, I will comment again.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:06 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I did not land on Terminal C. I also saw on the SVO website a few international flights arriving at Terminal C since last week, but all of them are smaller destinations such as DRS.

Looks like a soft-opening to me.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I just booked my flights yesterday to SVO for Labor Day weekend here in the U.S., and my AMS-SVO flight is on SU. According to my ticket, it'll land at Terminal C, so I hope to get some pictures!

(On the way out, I'm on KLM, so flying from Terminal E. Hopefully it's not too shabby either, and judging from the pictures it doesn't look like it.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.