Reload this Page >

Free e-visa for 53 countries for visiting Kaliningrad from 01.07.2019

Old Jun 27, 19, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb

Official page: E-visa
Eligible countires include all of EU/EEA except UK (Brexit too soon?), Japan, China, Mexico, Turkey, some Middle Eastern and Asian countries. US/Canada not included.
Not sure how it will work exactly, but local media reports that approval will take no more than 4 days, and the visa will be valid for visits of up to 8 days.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Temedar; Jun 28, 19 at 1:06 am Reason: grammar
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:23 am
Original Poster

An e-visa for St.Petersburg and the Leningrad oblast' (region) is expected to be available from October 1. Application process will be similar, if not the same
ParisMoskau likes this.
Old Jul 28, 19, 11:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But the future doesn't look very bright for those of us with UK passports, at least for the moment.
Old Jul 28, 19, 2:48 pm

Location: Primarily NOVA (anywhere between IAD DCA DEN DMM BAH)
Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS
They started this a couple of years ago with e-visa eligibility for 18 nationalities to the Far East (including Vladivostok) and now they added Kaliningrad as an option with even more countries.

I haven't taken advantage of this just yet (I'm a Saudi passport holder, so I'm eligible to apply for an e-visa to both regions), but it seems like a fairly easy process. Though 8 days seems rather limited especially if you have to travel far and you can only apply 20 days in advance. You also have to show proof of medical insurance.
You can see the maps and list of countries on Wikipedia, too, in addition to other details.
Old Jul 28, 19, 2:51 pm

Is it possible to fly Aeroflot to Kaliningrad (or St Petersburg, after 1Oct) and still use this evisa? Asking because if the issue with not being able to fly Aeroflot and enter Belarus under their visa-free regime.
Old Jul 28, 19, 3:07 pm

Location: Primarily NOVA (anywhere between IAD DCA DEN DMM BAH)
Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm not sure what the feasible transit options are in trying to fly to KGD.

Edit: Seems like transiting through WAW is the way to go, though from IAD, that's at least 2 stops en route to KGD.

I'm not in a rush to visit Russia, but I'm a lot more intrigued by Saint Petersburg and Vladivostok than I am by Moscow or Kaliningrad.

Last edited by Nayef; Jul 28, 19 at 3:38 pm Reason: added more info
Old Jul 29, 19, 3:27 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
Originally Posted by pafnyc View Post
Is it possible to fly Aeroflot to Kaliningrad (or St Petersburg, after 1Oct) and still use this evisa? Asking because if the issue with not being able to fly Aeroflot and enter Belarus under their visa-free regime.
No, you have to enter the country via one of the specified border crossing points. KGD airport in this case. SVO-KGD is a domestic flight, so you would enter the country in SVO.
Old Jul 30, 19, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pafnyc View Post
Is it possible to fly Aeroflot to Kaliningrad (or St Petersburg, after 1Oct) and still use this evisa?
You'll have to be arriving on an international flight, so only St.Petersburg is an option (SU has no int'l flights to/from Kaliningrad).

Search this Thread