Reload this Page >

US Passport, need visa for DME to EVN?

Old May 17, 19, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

I have US passport.

SITUATION:
I want to use miles to fly from LAX to DME, then 3 hours later fly from DME to EVN using S7 airlines.
Do I need a visa to take an international outbound flight from DME to EVN?

CONCERN:
It is less than 24 hours so I do not need a transit visa, however, I have read on forums that I may have issue with outbound flight?
I could be forced to exit to re-enter to get to the right terminal.
Old May 19, 19, 4:38 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Are these two separate tickets? If so, there are no nonstops that fly LAX-DME. While, theoretically, it's possible, you will not be able to check bags, and there's a risk that you won't be allowed to board your flight to DME. Once at DME, there's a transfer desk and you should be able to get your BP to EVN.

If you're a US citizen, just get the 3-year Russian tourist visa and avoid the hassle.
Old May 19, 19, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Yes, separate tickets. Buy Luftsana flight to DME. Then purchase S7 airlines from DME to EVN.
3 hour total stay in DME airport. I dont have a transit visa, don't have enough time to get it. Buying ticket tomorrow to fly same week.
Old May 19, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Your biggest risk is LH not letting you board at LAX and in FRA/MUC. If S7 lets you check in online, then you'll be fine. 3 hrs should be enough time - it's a small enough airport, though I'd say this is still risky.

Search this Thread