Search

Travelling with APEC ABTC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Travelling with APEC ABTC

Hey guys,

I will be travelling to the Buybrand expo in September. I have an EU passport and HK issued ABTC with "RUS". I have the expo tickets and hope this will be enough to show my business purpose.
Does anyone know if the border agents are likely to care if I arrive 3 days earlier via St Petersburg for some sightseeing? I will be travelling with the missus who has 14 days visa free and we are planning on taking the high speed train to Moscow and fly out from there. Should I get a tourist visa (looks like a lot of paperwork) or will I be fine with the ABTC

Thanks a lot.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Hey guys,

I will be travelling to the Buybrand expo in September. I have an EU passport and HK issued ABTC with "RUS". I have the expo tickets and hope this will be enough to show my business purpose.
Does anyone know if the border agents are likely to care if I arrive 3 days earlier via St Petersburg for some sightseeing? I will be travelling with the missus who has 14 days visa free and we are planning on taking the high speed train to Moscow and fly out from there. Should I get a tourist visa (looks like a lot of paperwork) or will I be fine with the ABTC

Thanks a lot.
I think in general ABTC allows you to use your visa for Business and Tourist purpose anyway? Just tell them your office staff booked the wrong ticket if being asked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.