Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Any Complications in Russian Visa Process in the US?

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:39 am
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.

Does anyone have any recent (last 6 months?) experiences applying for a Russian tourist visa in the US? I have to renew my daughters visa soon. In the past, we never had a problem with it by applying directly through MID (Foreign Ministry) website and a short interview in NY. At this point I am wondering whether recent political developments had any impact on visa process. I know the situation seems bad for Russians applying for US visas in Russia. Did Russians consulates in the US retaliate? P.S. Dont send me to the sticky, please. I know it is there to discuss visas, but with hundreds of useless posts in it, I dont know why that thread even exists. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by a7m
Does anyone have any recent (last 6 months?) experiences applying for a Russian tourist visa in the US? I have to renew my daughters visa soon. In the past, we never had a problem with it by applying directly through MID (Foreign Ministry) website and a short interview in NY. At this point I am wondering whether recent political developments had any impact on visa process. I know the situation seems bad for Russians applying for US visas in Russia. Did Russians consulates in the US retaliate? P.S. Dont send me to the sticky, please. I know it is there to discuss visas, but with hundreds of useless posts in it, I dont know why that thread even exists. Thanks in advance!
Hope this is still useful to you, but back in June, we (my wife is a US citizen, and at the time I was a UK citizen with US permanent resident status) applied for tourist visas for Russia through ILS Visa Services in NYC, whom the Russian Consulate recommend all visa applicants to use. It was pretty straightforward: the ILS people spotted an error in our visa support from our hotel so I had to get that re-issued and came back the next working day to complete the application. We travelled in September (spent a week in St. Petersburg).
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:57 am

I applied for a visa in October through a visa service gotorussia.com. It happened right after the Russian consulates were closed in several cities. No issues, no interviews, everything was timely.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:28 am

Good info. Is it recommended to get the 3yr visa?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.