Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Transiting through DME (2 separate bookings)

Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:11 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum

Hello,

I am considering booking a flight with DME as a transit point.

I'd arrive from London on BA, and leave on QR 5 hours later. I'd do the reverse on the return, with similar time-frames.

It'd be 2 separate bookings, but with no luggage to check-in.

I am aware I will not need a visa. My concern is obtaining the onwards boarding pass.

In the transit area, is it possible to collect boarding passes and check-in for the onward journey with all carriers? Or more specifically, BA and Qatar?

I would be very tempted just to get a visa and stay a few days in Moscow to make it a little less stress free, but sadly I am time limited - but having visited Moscow before, it's definitely a destination I recommend.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Your problem may be BA who may not let you onto the flight without proper docs in LHR (or in your origination city). TIMATIC should say that you can do TWOV but it's up to the smarts of the GA to let you on/not let you on.

In DME there is a transfer desk, they should be able to obtain your BP. If you can check in online for QR - do that and print out your BP - that would eliminate the hassle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.