Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Visa-free travel to Russia during CC 2017 and WC 2018

Visa-free travel to Russia during CC 2017 and WC 2018

Old Oct 24, 18, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Is there really no feedback about this? I am hoping that there have been no changes to the validity of using the Fan ID to enter Russia and that it remains valid until 31st December. I have my next trip beginning next Tuesday and I will arrive at the convenient time of 15h20 at SVO. So hopefully staff at Milan Malpensa will recognize the Fan ID and hopefully immigration wonít be too much of an ordeal. If you donít read any feedback here by the end of October, youíll all know Iíve been sent to the gulag!
No changes to it and information is up to date in Timatic. No issues whatsoveer travelling ex-UK, Germany, and France. Assuming you are taking a direct flight with SU, their outposts are well aware of this visa waiver.
Old Oct 25, 18, 4:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Good to know, luitje. I will be flying with Air France, connecting in CDG. I would expect them to be au fait with the rules. Just wondering if I could check in the night before at MXP, would save any issues at the last minute in the morning (07h00 flight).

I kept wondering because I was always a bit worried about the political situation causing a sudden change.
Old Nov 4, 18, 3:27 pm

Well, immigration at SVO took all of 3 minutes, with a “welcome back”. Can’t believe it. I suspect it’s the usual inconsistency with these things, which depends who you land on. Landed on a nice young guy this time.
Old Nov 9, 18, 11:17 am

Just to add a datapoint, getting registered as staying privately with someone was a time consuming nightmare this time. Luckily my host is a lawyer and she could deal with the Soviet bureaucracy and mentality. We tried to do it at Pochta Rossiya, the Russian post office, the same branch where we successfully did it last time. Like anywhere, probably, it just depends on who you get. But this time we got unlucky with the babushka who dealt with us, it was nyet all the way, don’t really know why. Maybe being a foreigner so far out of Moscow (Togliatti) is too much for them and they can’t cope. In the end we got it done in the multi functional office of state services (МФЦ for those in the know), with a competent younger dame who calmly did everything (still took ages to complete it all).

Fan ID or no Fan ID, this process must be completed within a week of arrival if you are staying privately with someone. Otherwise, the hotels take care of it.
ParisMoskau likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: