Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Roundtrip flight London to Moscow

Old Mar 14, 17, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Hi,
I will be visiting London and want to fly for the weekend roundtrip to Moscow. Would anyone have any advice on whether I should travel with British Airways or Aeroflot? Is one any easier to deal with than the other, for ease of printing boarding passes, ease of access to information, etc? I was also thinking it would be wiser to fly into SVO.
Any advice?
Thank you in advance for any help that you can give to me
(PS I have my Visa for Russia)
Old Mar 14, 17, 11:00 am

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
When flying from LON-MOW you can lose a day on a rather short flight. I like the ~5pm SV flight from LGW-SVO on an A320. You get the day in London & then arrive at your hotel in Russia before midnight where you can start the next day fresh.

There is the early morning BA flight that arrives early-mid afternoon to DME on a 777 which means longer lines at immigration and arrival at your hotel late afternoon.

As for service I think you'll be fine with either.
Old Mar 18, 17, 12:36 pm

Programs: RJ Emerald
Note that if you are flying in Y,BA only serves a sandwich whereas SU serves a full meal. T5 is generally more pleasant than T4,but SU also flies from LGW.
Old Apr 3, 17, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Agree with previous posters, Aeroflot is better as SVO airport is easier to deal with vs DME
Old Apr 5, 17, 1:35 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Slipless View Post
Agree with previous posters, Aeroflot is better as SVO airport is easier to deal with vs DME

I have a soft spot for SVO, and it is usually my airport of choice as SU/KL/AF fly out of there, but DME is clearly the superior airport both in terms of design and amenities. Heck, even VKO is better than the mess SVO can be to a first time visitor.

I agree with the rest though, SU is a much better option than BA on this route.

Search this Thread