Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Airport Transfer DME-Moscow - Uber Black?

Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond

I'll be in Moscow for the weekend, my first time ever in Russia.

I'm currently looking at transfer options, I will arrive Friday evening (7.30pm), I don't really feel like starting the evening with figuring out the metro system.

Uber Black and the transfer recommended by the Russian visa center (http://taxivisa.com) are roughly the same price (40 EUR/USD).

Anyone have any experience with either?

Can I preorder an Uber Black?
I would like the driver to be waiting for me, not the other way round.

Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:39 am

So you prefer to spend Friday evening stuck in traffic somewhere in the suburbs?

Trust me: take the train (Aeroexpress), it is easier than you think. Once you arrive at the Paveletsky train station you can go out to the street and take uber. (But be sure you are able to exactly find and set your destination in Uber, because it is unlikely that your uber driver will speak any english, or have a print out of the address in Russian that you can show to him).
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Too late. I took the visa center's airport transfer partner (http://taxivisa.com / http://transprestige.ru ) and it was really not worth it.
I chose the "comfort" option because their "business" option was overpriced, and the comfort was basically that of a regular taxi. And then they didn't accept credit cards, even though that was clearly part of the deal. Bad experience.

For the same price we could easily have ridden Uber Black - which we did all the other time, also back to the airport.

My suggestion is therefore clearly to ride Uber Black in Moscow, it's not expensive, like a regular taxi in most other cities.

We didn't bother with the train. Traffic was perfectly fine at the time we rode.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Miles & More, Aadvantage
I'm always taking regular Uber to go from the airports in Moscow and it only costs 1000 Rubles (less than 20$).
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:32 pm

There are many taxi companies and agregators right now. The rate varies (depending on the company/destination) from say 900 till 1300 rub. Anything >1500 is a touristic rip-off.

1 USD = 63 Rub, so nowadays its quite cheap

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.