Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

German war grave in Solugbowka

Old Aug 13, 2016, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

I would like to visit a German war cemetery in Solugbowka near St. Petersburg. Does anyone know whether it is accessible by some form of public transport?

If not, is it feasible as a foreigner who speaks no Russian, to rent a car and drive there? (GPS and co-cordinates of cemetery are at hand)
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
The easiest way is to rent a car with a driver. I don't think driving by yourself is a good idea, but it's certainly possible.
As for public transport - it seems the only way is bus #574 from Kirovsk, which runs only five times daily. Exit at "Reka Mga" stop. To get to Kirovsk from SPb take bus #565 from metro Dybenko (every 15-20 minutes) or #440 from m.Rybatskoe (every 30 minutes). If you choose to take the buses, then make sure to confirm the schedule for #574, as I found it online and it may be outdated.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Don't think there is any transport information here but in case you need it

http://www.volksbund.de/kriegsgraebe...logubowka.html
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Temedar
The easiest way is to rent a car with a driver. I don't think driving by yourself is a good idea, but it's certainly possible.
As for public transport - it seems the only way is bus #574 from Kirovsk, which runs only five times daily. Exit at "Reka Mga" stop. To get to Kirovsk from SPb take bus #565 from metro Dybenko (every 15-20 minutes) or #440 from m.Rybatskoe (every 30 minutes). If you choose to take the buses, then make sure to confirm the schedule for #574, as I found it online and it may be outdated.
Thanks very much indeed for this research. Would you perhaps have an idea, how much we (2 persons) would need to pay for a car & driver from StP? Also, if we do this, is there anything else that you would recommend to visit enoute, so that we can make it a full day excursion?

I had thought of visiting the World Heritage Site of Oreshek fort (the photos of which remind me of Trakai in Lithuania) near Schlisselburg, simply because it appeaed to be quite close - but don't know whether it might be worth the detour

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Don't think there is any transport information here but in case you need it

http://www.volksbund.de/kriegsgraebe...logubowka.html
Danke Sehr. In fact, Tosna is the place where my 'step-father-in-law' (an Iron Cross holder) fell in 1942.

Last edited by shonamac; Aug 25, 2016 at 5:17 pm
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by bygosh
Thanks very much indeed for this research. Would you perhaps have an idea, how much we (2 persons) would need to pay for a car & driver from StP?
You're welcome! Renting a car with a driver should probably cost something like 2-3 thousand roubles for the first 3-4 hours, and 500-600 roubles per hour after that.
Originally Posted by bygosh
Also, if we do this, is there anything else that you would recommend to visit enoute, so that we can make it a full day excursion?
I'm afraid I've got no personal suggestions. Never been to Shlisselburg, but it does look like Trakai on photos, and seems worth visiting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.