Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

I think I have a multiple visit Visa.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic

I believe I have a 3 year tourist visa....the validity dates do state that. I obtained it last year, and visited Moscow last August, and have another visit planned this coming Sept. However, what additional steps to I need to take? How can I verify exactly what visa I have? Do I need to get another hotel/sponsorship letter?

Thanks

RRZ518
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:28 am
pjs

Originally Posted by rrz518
I believe I have a 3 year tourist visa....the validity dates do state that. I obtained it last year, and visited Moscow last August, and have another visit planned this coming Sept. However, what additional steps to I need to take? How can I verify exactly what visa I have? Do I need to get another hotel/sponsorship letter?

Thanks

RRZ518
No. We went to Moscow in mid-June on a 3 year visa. We then flew to Stockholm and got on a Baltic cruise. When we stopped in St. Petersburg, we just showed our passports and visas to immigration and walked on in. You only need the invitation to get the visa in the first place. To verify it, just look at the expiration date and if it's 3 years, you should be fine.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Originally Posted by pjs
No. We went to Moscow in mid-June on a 3 year visa. We then flew to Stockholm and got on a Baltic cruise. When we stopped in St. Petersburg, we just showed our passports and visas to immigration and walked on in. You only need the invitation to get the visa in the first place. To verify it, just look at the expiration date and if it's 3 years, you should be fine.
Check the latest update for info on applying for 3 year and subsequent trips to Russia
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:19 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by ncvet61
Check the latest update for info on applying for 3 year and subsequent trips to Russia
Thus, the new purpose of each trip and information on the new hosting organization must be indicated in the Migration Card form in order to clear Russian customs and border control.

This must be really really new, because we got to St. Petersburg on a cruise ship 6/22 and were given a migration card at port border control(and no tour ticket, just our visa). We turned the card in when we re-boarded the ship that night. On 6/23 and 6/24, we just passed through border control with no problem (and no more migration cards).
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Miles & More, Aadvantage
My wife had no problem coming back to Russia on 3 year private visa. Shouldn't be any different with the tourist visa.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pjs
Thus, the new purpose of each trip and information on the new hosting organization must be indicated in the Migration Card form in order to clear Russian customs and border control.
If all you have to do is to write down the purpose of your trip and where you will be staying, that isn't different than most countries I've visited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.