Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Fast Track Immigration in DME

Old Jul 3, 16, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist

I am just back from a trip in Moscow. I found out just by chance that at DME there is an immigration line, the very last on the left, that says "Diplomats" but in reality they allow all passenger with a Business or First class incoming boarding pass.
I tried myself with a SQ F boarding pass, it went smooth, no question asked.
As it is not officially advertised, they may remove it at any time, but so far it works
Old Jul 3, 16, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM; SPG Plat75;Marriott Plat;IHG Spire Elite
Anyone know if this is true for entry at SVO?
Old Jul 4, 16, 3:46 pm

Programs: RJ Emerald
The fast track channel has been there for ages (at least 10 years) for both international and domestic departures. J/F+elites (in other words,the folks who would normally get lounge access) all have access to it.
Old Jul 23, 16, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
What about on exit from DME? Is there a fasttrack lane for passport control and/or security checkpoint?
Old Jul 23, 16, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
What about on exit from DME? Is there a fasttrack lane for passport control and/or security checkpoint?
Yes.

Normal security entrance is just next to the tarmac windows on the second floor (escalator/elevator from the check in hall),for fast track you'd have to walk a few meters away from the windows,there will be a desk and a corridor leading to the said facility. Normally very fast and efficient (both security and immigration) and when you are done with security you end up right outside the Airport Navigator (BA+IB) lounges.

Fast track for domestic is even better and is always empty,so you'd be thru in less than 2 minutes. First floor,Sector C,far left counter (next to the tarmac windows).
Old Jul 23, 16, 6:09 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
The fast track channel has been there for ages (at least 10 years) for both international and domestic departures. J/F+elites (in other words,the folks who would normally get lounge access) all have access to it.
So Star alliance Gold and OW emeralds arriving on economy tickets can use it in DME? Do they check boarding passes?

How about departing LED?
Old Jul 23, 16, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
So Star alliance Gold and OW emeralds arriving on economy tickets can use it in DME? Do they check boarding passes?

How about departing LED?
S7 hands out invitations to J/OWE arriving to DME internationally,I don't think other airlines do that too,but you can try showing your BP and the elite card.

There is fast track for LED domestic departures,but none for international.
Old Jul 23, 16, 7:44 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
S7 hands out invitations to J/OWE arriving to DME internationally,I don't think other airlines do that too,but you can try showing your BP and the elite card.

There is fast track for LED domestic departures,but none for international.
Thanks, I'll check with my airline.
Old Jul 24, 16, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM
Yes.

Normal security entrance is just next to the tarmac windows on the second floor (escalator/elevator from the check in hall),for fast track you'd have to walk a few meters away from the windows,there will be a desk and a corridor leading to the said facility. Normally very fast and efficient (both security and immigration) and when you are done with security you end up right outside the Airport Navigator (BA+IB) lounges.

Fast track for domestic is even better and is always empty,so you'd be thru in less than 2 minutes. First floor,Sector C,far left counter (next to the tarmac windows).
Thanks....how's fastrack process on arrival to SVO from an int'l flight?
Old Jul 26, 16, 10:21 am

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Thanks for the tips - I fly into DME tomorrow (S7, in Y, as an OWE) so I'll report back how I go.
Old Jul 26, 16, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
Thanks....how's fastrack process on arrival to SVO from an int'l flight?
Not a big expert on SVO,but IIRC there is fast track in Terminal D,but not in other terminals.
Old Jul 28, 16, 7:16 am

An update for everyone. I flew into DME yesterday with S7. On arrival I asked the security guy if there was an express pass and he directed me towards the diplomat line (I was flying Y, but am OWE) and everything went smoothly.
Old Jul 28, 16, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by PaulST View Post
An update for everyone. I flew into DME yesterday with S7. On arrival I asked the security guy if there was an express pass and he directed me towards the diplomat line (I was flying Y, but am OWE) and everything went smoothly.
So I take it they did not distribute vouchers on board?
Old Jul 28, 16, 7:31 am

So I take it they did not distribute vouchers on board?
Nope.
The service on board was horrible. Other than giving me a meal, I was ignored the entire flight.
Old Jul 28, 16, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by PaulST View Post
Nope.
The service on board was horrible. Other than giving me a meal, I was ignored the entire flight.
S7 does not have the elite recognition policy,but they should have given you a voucher.

Search this Thread