Reload this Page >

Visiting Lenin's Tomb

Visiting Lenin's Tomb

Old Jan 28, 16, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Visiting Lenin's Tomb

Was recently transiting DME and since I had a multiple entry visa still valid from my previous visit, so thought of a quick trip into the city to see Lenin's Mausoleum. According to what I had read online, they are very strict on taking bags inside especially cameras. So I went straight to the bag storage behind the Kremlin near the Kremlin tours ticket office and was told there is no such restriction. Went to the Tomb and was allowed in with my camera.

This was a few weeks ago and crowds were very little, so wondering if they allowed us to take cameras in because of that? If they do insist, is the same place I went above the closest left luggage?
Old Jan 28, 16, 10:11 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
If they do insist, is the same place I went above the closest left luggage?
Yes
Old Jan 29, 16, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Blue,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
I was in Moscow March last year,and sadly,Lenins tomb was closed,don't know why,missed out on it.......great city though.
Old Jan 29, 16, 7:38 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Originally Posted by liamvad View Post
I was in Moscow March last year,and sadly,Lenins tomb was closed,don't know why,missed out on it.......great city though.
You didn't say day & time you were there. The Tomb is only opened 5 days a week from 10 am - 1 pm, closed (Mon & Fri).
http://www.destination360.com/europe...nins-mausoleum
Old Jan 29, 16, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
So do they insist on not taking in cameras and bags when there are large crowds? How large are the crowds in summer? Half day event?
Old Jan 29, 16, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Blue,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Originally Posted by ncvet61 View Post
You didn't say day & time you were there. The Tomb is only opened 5 days a week from 10 am - 1 pm, closed (Mon & Fri).
http://www.destination360.com/europe...nins-mausoleum
I was there about 11am,not on a friday or monday....they were building stuff in the square for some sort of event,so maybe that is why.

Search this Thread