Search

Entering with 2 different Passports between Russia and Belarus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ*G
Entering with 2 different Passports between Russia and Belarus

Hello All,

Tried searching this particular scenario but don't seem to be getting any valid hits.

I recently found out that Russia and Belarus have a customs union which has removed the border controls between the two countries.

I plan to enter Russia with a Hong Kong passport as there is no Visa required.
I will take a plane from Moscow to Minsk and "Enter" Belarus with a Visa in my Canadian passport.
I plan to leave Belarus to Turkmenistan with a Canadian passport.

Has anyone tried this? Passport A with your Russia Entry requirements, Passport B with your Belarussian Entry requirements?

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
The problem I see here is getting your passports stamped when flying from Moscow to Minsk as the flight is treated as a regular domestic one - no passport control and no customs.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Temedar
The problem I see here is getting your passports stamped when flying from Moscow to Minsk as the flight is treated as a regular domestic one - no passport control and no customs.
So, does it mean that foreigners cannot travel between Russia and Belarus without breaking the law?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by hoto
Hello All,

Tried searching this particular scenario but don't seem to be getting any valid hits.

I recently found out that Russia and Belarus have a customs union which has removed the border controls between the two countries.

I plan to enter Russia with a Hong Kong passport as there is no Visa required.
I will take a plane from Moscow to Minsk and "Enter" Belarus with a Visa in my Canadian passport.
I plan to leave Belarus to Turkmenistan with a Canadian passport.

Has anyone tried this? Passport A with your Russia Entry requirements, Passport B with your Belarussian Entry requirements?

Thanks!
I would be prepared to explain this as they likely will look for the entrance stamp as you exit Belarus. I had to enter Russia on a different US Passport than the one I exited Mongolia on last year, and that caused quite a stir at the border.. Personally I would pay the visa fee as Belarus is from what I've as my gut feeling is that when they try to register you at a hotel without a record of an entry to Russia or Belarus this could become an issue.
Cheers
Howie
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by König
So, does it mean that foreigners cannot travel between Russia and Belarus without breaking the law?
I'm afraid I don't have an answer. What I'm certain of is that no one thought about cases like this when the so-called "union state" was created.

Last edited by Temedar; Oct 20, 2015 at 1:47 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
I'm afraid I don't have an answer. What I'm certain of is that no one thought about cases like this when the so-called "union state" was created.
If you're on one passport I would think Russia and Belarus share data plus even if they don't the issue can be solved with a stamp check.The OP's case is a problem since there's no recorded entry into the customs union and the stamp would be in the second passport which would likely set off alarms in a place like Belarus...
Cheers
Howie
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:38 pm

Well, I'd probably recommend the OP to check with the Russian border service when he arrives to airport for departure and check with the Belorussian border agency when he arrives to Minsk. No harm in that.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
You need to be able to account for your time on your various visas when you exit the common area at Belarus. You would hold on to your boarding pass to show when you arrived in Belarus, and show it on exit. You will also surrender your Russian migration card showing the dates you were in Russia. The Belarussian authorities then match up the dates of your visas with the times that you were in the two countries.

That's my understanding, anyway, from planning a trip i ultimately didn't take.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.