Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Arriving DME via IAH on SQ, leaving on separate ticket with checked bags, am I OK?

Arriving DME via IAH on SQ, leaving on separate ticket with checked bags, am I OK?

Old Sep 3, 15, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

I am hearing conflicting information on this and hoping someone has done it and can verify.

I am flying into DME on SQ IAH-DME and I have a separately booked ticket leaving 4 hours later Transaero Airlines 7327 operated by Austrian Airlines to Vienna.

From DME Website

International Transfers
Follow the TRANSFER/TRANSIT sign to the transfer desks for check-in.
Any luggage checked through to the final destination at the departure airport will be processed automatically. If your luggage is checked to Domodedovo, please notify the transfer agent.
Go through security control after check-in.
Proceed to the international departures area. Check the boarding pass and information boards for the gate number.

So I'm assuming even if SQ won't tag my luggage through I'll still be fine without a transit visa??

If anyone has done anything like this PLEASE let me know

Thanks!!
Old Sep 4, 15, 1:16 am

I am only guessing on this one so please don't take this as gospel:

I assume that your bags will only make it to DME and you will have to recheck them (more on that next) but the IAH agent should be able to tell you for sure.

I would follow the signs to the transfer desk but be sure they know that you have bags and see what they say. They may have something in place to pull your bags and allow you to recheck them or they may have to do it for you. Being that you won't be able to get to the normal baggage claim area since it is after customs.

Search this Thread