Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving Late to DME

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Arriving Late to DME

I will arrive close to midnight to DME is too late for the expresstrain what is the best way to get to my hotel in Moscow , what is the usual cost of a Taxi to Hotels near downtown Moscow
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
The airport taxi counter will charge 1500-2000 roubles (US$ 22-30 at today's rate) for a trip to the center of Moscow. Taxi apps (UberX and the local ones) are somewhat cheaper.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Bear in mind also that downtown Moscow is pretty big! Is it your first time in Moscow? Beware of the plenty of taxi drivers (illegal or otherwise) that will approach you right after the arrivals exit.

As Temedar says above, there are a couple of taxi counters at the terminal, just follow the aeroexpress signs.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Well is my first time in Moscow post soviet union era my last trip was back in 1988 at that time things where more simple. Also do you know if there is a place to buy a sim card at that time so I could use Uber
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
There are several mobile phone stores in the airport (MTS, Svyaznoy, etc.), but I'm not sure they're open 24/7
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:53 pm

The last train leaves at midnight and the next train doesn't start again until 6:00AM. You should be able to find a SIM card at midnight but I wouldn't count on it.

At that time traffic will be bearable so the trip should be quick - just have a price arranged before time with the driver before you get in and go.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Car Sevice

Originally Posted by DrewGzy
The last train leaves at midnight and the next train doesn't start again until 6:00AM. You should be able to find a SIM card at midnight but I wouldn't count on it.

At that time traffic will be bearable so the trip should be quick - just have a price arranged before time with the driver before you get in and go.
Are there any car services that can booked before my arrival
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:11 am

You won't have any problem getting a taxi at night.

There should be some way to prearrange and prepay for a car but I wouldn't worry about it unless you need to.

Some taxi info is here: Domodedovo Taxi
Old Dec 26, 2015, 6:54 pm

I found myself in the same situation as you about 1 year ago. My flight from Ukraine arrived into DME around 1230am. Too late for the Express Train. I negotiated a taxi fair with a random guy after clearing immigration. This was probably a mistake since it was unmarked car, but i arrived safely.

One warning. They call these men the "Taxi Mafia" as they prey on foreign tourists. I asked the hotel what the cost of a taxi was before i had arrived. They told me $25-30 USD. The guy at the airport kept showing me this book that had a price converted of roughly $120 USD. I laughed and walked away. He kept chasing me until we agreed on a price of $30.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
I just took an Uber from the airport to Zenkino (A dacha community north west of Moscow) which was a 115km 2.5 hour trip. The total cost was under $30. Astonishing value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.