Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

4 hour layover at SVO...sleep?

Old Jun 3, 15, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem Plat (*G), MR Plat, HH Gold, *wood Gold

I have a red-eye flight from TLV-SVO on Aeroflot (arrival around 5am) connecting to RIX (Riga, Latvia) with a departure around 9am also on Aeroflot I am in business class and have PriorityPass if that matters.

My question is: with 4 hours to connect, that could allow me a theoretical 3 hours to sleep. Can anyone suggest some options? I have no visa to enter Russia.

I don't think the Novotel no-visa option make sense for such a short connection. I'm wondering about the "Air Express Capsule Hotel"? Would that be worth trying? Can I access it without a visa and is it in a reasonable location for my flights?

Otherwise, I understand there are some couches in the new part of the airport....but I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it, as I don't feel comfortable sleeping with my laptop etc in the open. If I picked a lounge to sleep in, which would it be?
Old Jun 5, 15, 6:58 am
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by keloutwest View Post
with 4 hours to connect, that could allow me a theoretical 3 hours to sleep. Can anyone suggest some options? ... If I picked a lounge to sleep in, which would it be?
There are several lounges, but the ones I used are specifically for elite flyers. If you are one, it will still not guarantee your access to one. SkyTeam is in the state of lounge civil war. Last time I was at SVO, my Elite+ status from Delta was deemed not good enough for SkyTeam lounge access. I was waiting for a Delta flight, though. Since you are flying Aeroflot and, I am assuming, you still have your Elite+ status, you can be in luck. Just make sure you have your physical membership card.

There are also some private lounges. You can pay to get in. Never used them, though. It looks like 2000 R (= $40) gets you 3 hours of access.

Link: http://www.svo.aero/en/business-lounges/d/

Search this Thread