Wiki Posts
Search

Uber pick up point - DME arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,
Uber pick up point - DME arrivals

Throwing this out to the collective font of knowledge…

Does anyone have any tried and tested pick up points for Uber cars at DME arrivals?

Many thanks
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Well,best of luck finding your driver,there are more taxi touts inside/outside the airport than passengers!!!! is a nightmare,hassled all the time,was there 3 weeks ago.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Yes, my mrs call them for me. What you do is tell them the exit number you meet at. Exit is Выход in Russian
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:42 pm

Lets get real shall we. Even in New York JFK, Heathrow, LAX, there is no designated Uber pick up place. Please. And you expect one at DME. Seriously?

How would you find your driver in situations? Pick up the phone and call? or Text?
Well the problem here is most of them speak basic english.

My advice is if you can't speak Russian, use the text / translator app on your phone. Either that or learn some Russian.You should be able to text your driver directly from the uber app.

Side note : When ever I have been picked up by a chauffeur, the driver usually takes me to the car, which is parked in the car park one level below international arrivals. Turn left after international arrivals, there is an escalator that will take you one level down. Your driver is probably waiting for you there.

If you need someone to meet and greet with a sign, I have recommended Taxi Kommandir, or arrange something though your hotel.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I'm checking the app and VKO and SVO show cars, but DME does not. What gives?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
I'm checking the app and VKO and SVO show cars, but DME does not. What gives?
I've had better luck with Gett Taxi or Yandex while in RU.
Uber though has better prices.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
UberX airport transfers are quoted at 1500 roubles now. It's a fair price, but I think you can get slightly lower rates with Yandex for most routes (and probably GetTaxi too). Not sure if Yandex can beat UberX rates for short rides
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:14 am

my experience lately is that Yandex beats Uber (on price) for almost all rides in Moscow. I've never tried GetTaxi.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:05 pm

Is it easier to get a taxi from the main rank at DME rather than using uber or hotel transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.