Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Russian work visas are valid for entry beginning 5 business days after issuance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Russian work visas are valid for entry beginning 5 business days after issuance?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat

I have a new employ moving to Russia next month and we recently saw this on her application. First I've noticed it which means nothing more than I've never noticed it.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is the rub on the departure end or the arrivals end? My team member will be flying directly from the US to Moscow so no land in Europe and train it a few days to the border thereby honoring the 5 day rule. It's clearly visible on her online application through our corporate account with VISAHQ. They say they knew nothing of that (?) and she's ok to leave the day she gets it assuming it's issued by that date which it will be. That's fine but I'm wanting to know what happens at the immigration desk at SVO.

Anyone with experience on this?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:23 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
The visa validity period should be specifically stated on the visa. The person can enter Russia no sooner than the date the validity period begins.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by STBCypriot
The visa validity period should be specifically stated on the visa. The person can enter Russia no sooner than the date the validity period begins.
That's my assumption and my hope. She gets it on Tuesday so we'l know soon enough what the valid date is. Thanks STBCypriot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.