Reload this Page >

Facilities at Tashkent airport

Old Aug 18, 14, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold

Hi,
I will land in Tashkent late at night and have to go through immigration. After that I will catch a 6am flight to Urgench, hence I am just thinking about staying at the airport. Does anyone have any info about facilities and whether it is safe to spend a few hours at night there?

Thanks
Old Aug 18, 14, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread as I move it to the Russia Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 19, 14, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curious choice of forum to move this to...the USSR disappeared 23 years ago.

OP there is very very little at TAS. The departure area is tiny and you have to get pass some gruff policeman who I doubt would be happy allowing you in with a ticket for the following day. The arrivals area is even smaller. Get a hotel in town, not a long drive away.
Old Aug 19, 14, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
Curious choice of forum to move this to...the USSR disappeared 23 years ago.

OP there is very very little at TAS. The departure area is tiny and you have to get pass some gruff policeman who I doubt would be happy allowing you in with a ticket for the following day. The arrivals area is even smaller. Get a hotel in town, not a long drive away.
Well... I thought so too but... I land at 11.30pm, have to go through immigration... and my flight in the morning leaves at 6am... lol... I will probably leave immigration by 1am... not worth it going to the city for a hotel for 3 hours...!
Old Aug 25, 14, 1:40 am
Original Poster

I ended up spending the night at the airport. After customs (it took me only 45 minutes to clear immigration and customs) I made my way upstairs to the departure area. Here I sat for 3 hours on an outdoor bench, playing with my iPad and reading a book. No one bothered me and it was great people watching. About 3 hours before my flight I made my way towards the exit. The domestic terminal is 5 minutes drive away from the international one, so I had to negotiate with a taxi to take me there. I paid $5. At the international terminal there was a good number of tourists heading to Khiva just like me.

Overall it was not a stressful experience - albeit very tiring!
Old Aug 25, 14, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Glad you have a good time! Good meaning "not encountering any disasters".

Search this Thread