Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

How do I use my American locked AT&T phone to make calls

Old Jul 18, 14, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold

We do not expect to make calls lasting more than 10 minutes so we are not unlocking our phone or even buying a phone plan. We have authorized international calling. Calls for us to or from Russia will cost $2.50 per minute.

To call the USA from Russia I dial 001-area code-number.

To call a local Russian number what do I do? For example my hotel number is (7-495) 925-3050. When I am in Moscow, what numbers do I dial?

If I was in Minsk, Belarus and needed to call the hotel in Moscow, what do I dial?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 14, 2:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
To call a local Russian number, you dial +7 495 925 3050. The plus key usually requires holding down the zero or star key (depending on your phone model).

In general to call any number abroad on a cell phone you dial +[country code](prefix)[number].
In some cases you may have to drop a leading zero from the prefix in some countries.

I would suggest installing skype and buying a big of credit on skype, finding an internet connection and using skype to call whoever you need to call in Russia, as you'll only be charged a few cents per minute to call landline numbers.

Search this Thread